PDA

View Full Version : ukulele festival of great britain cheltenham 2010

krabbers
01-23-2011, 12:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ChobsGLm2g

i think this is probably the most people I have sung one of my own songs in front of, i was overcome with emulsion, it was superb ...and that is my very favourite word

hope to see you all again this year
ukulele festival of great britain 2011 june 17th 18th &19th

http://www.ukulelefestival.co.uk

marihhen
01-23-2011, 02:38 AM
I have been meaning to ask someone about the ukulele festivals in UK... there is London uke festival and ukulele festival of Great Britan... which one to choose? I love the performers list on ukeFest of GB but I really like the vibe I got from pictures of last London uke festival. Plus, I dont understand when is London festival.
I really should think about plane tickets already and have no idea which one should I choose... and before you say it... no, sadly both is not an option :S

Ken Middleton
01-23-2011, 03:28 AM
I have been meaning to ask someone about the ukulele festivals in UK... there is London uke festival and ukulele festival of Great Britan... which one to choose? I love the performers list on ukeFest of GB but I really like the vibe I got from pictures of last London uke festival. Plus, I dont understand when is London festival.
I really should think about plane tickets already and have no idea which one should I choose... and before you say it... no, sadly both is not an option :S

I was at both (and nearly every other major festival). The vibe at the Cheltenham Fest was absolutely fantastic (IMHO). Much more of a social event and a real festival. There is really no contest. This year come and see James Hill, Krabbers, Re-entrants, UkuleleBartt, etc.

The next London Festival should be good nonetheless. Quincey is working hard to make it happen. It will be a very different event. Let's wait and see if it happens in 2011 though.

marihhen
01-23-2011, 04:04 AM
I was at both (and nearly every other major festival). The vibe at the Cheltenham Fest was absolutely fantastic (IMHO). Much more of a social event and a real festival. There is really no contest. This year come and see James Hill, Krabbers, Re-entrants, UkuleleBartt, etc.

The next London Festival should be good nonetheless. Quincey is working hard to make it happen. It will be a very different event. Let's wait and see if it happens in 2011 though.

jes! and Ukulollo :D Thank you so much Ken!