Armor Tweed Case

Wagster

Reaction score
For those that have been in the market for a nice case for your uke...

I recently purchased an Armor Tweed case (TC-150) from Instrument Alley. It's $51 plus shipping for the concert size.

The case is very impressive. Solid construction and decent hardware. Has the typical storage pocket under the neck area. Heavy stitching and a comfortable handle.

My KoAloha fits it perfectly.

I'd fully recommend these and think they are a bargain. It's hard to find a good tweed case at this price. I will be ordering one of the black cases for my Kala uke.

IMGP0916.jpgIMGP0918.jpgIMGP0915.jpgIMGP0920.jpgIMGP0917.jpg

http://www.instrumentalley.com/Armor-Cases-TC-150-Tweed-Ukulele-Hardcase-for-Conc-p/a-tc-150.htm

[I have no affiliation with this store or case manufacturer, nor have I been assimilated by either. Just passing on a little knowledge]

Aloha Wagster,
Thanks for sharing that info as I'm in the market for a case......................BO.............

Ask? Look at the end/bottom where the top & base compartment come together. Does the end overlap well? I've bought two of these & on one of them, the top doesn't overlap the bottom at the wide end of the case. Seems that occasionally you might get a "bum
case, though the price is right.

I'm happy to report this case has a snug fit all the way around. The lid and the body mesh together very well.

6/1/2010
Update on Bushman Uke Cases:
I talked to John Hall today and he was a gentleman and settled my problem regarding the ill-described Tweed Case. He is crediting my VISA card with a full refund and I am sending his Uke Case back to him so he can see what his supplier is drop-shipping to his customers. He was surprised that the cases were not as described. He has also removed the cases from his website.

Kudos to John Hall from Bushman … and I wish success to him and his company.

Pevious Comment:
Odered From Bushman (their supplier is Major Music Supply). I specified in writing that I wanted this case because it was made with authentic wool, leather, brass materials and that I did NOT want vinyl; I sent explicit uke measurements from Kala site; I talked to John Hall at Bushman's on the phone. All to no avail.

Only Bushman plus: Speedy delivery. After receiving the case I discovered their supplier and wrote them about Bushman's false product claims; no reply.

Bushman's site made this claim regarding their case :<<The Sturdy wood covered in Tweed, this case features brass hardware, a padded plush lining, attractive leather bound edges, a rugged leather handle, brass floor studs so it sets nicely on its side, a handy accessories storage compartment, shaped to fit most concert ukuleles snuggly. Interior measurements are: L - 25-5/8", W - 9-1/4" and D - 3-7/8">>.

Beware; this is false advertising: the case is vinyl TWEED-LIKE material, vinyl PLEATHER binding, brass-COLORED hinges/latches.

I paid an inflated price for authentic materials and got vintage 'look' materials. The case also has rippled cloth application.

Phooey!

Major Major Music Supply makes no such false claim; but they won't reply to my inquiry.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: My Kala Concert Lacewood Archback doesn't fit into this tiny case, looks more Martin shaped. Now I will tackle the unpleasant task of trying to get satisfaction from Bushman; surely he will be a gentleman (?). First step, cancel my Visa payment and see if I get a return call.

Last edited:
Top Bottom