MiSi Pickup in Koaloha Concert

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
HI,
I just ordered a MiSi pickup from MGM. I plan on having it installed in a Koaloha concert I just purchased. Does anyone have experience in this area. For instance, the width of the saddle vs the width of the pickup. I hope this is not a mod that would have to happen. I understand the heighth of the saddle must be adjusted to maintain the current action.
Also, does anybody have any other input about the MiSi that I should be aware of? As usual, thanks for all your input.

There have been quite a few threads about installing the MiSi. I have installed two in my ukes. You need to drill two angled holes in the ends of the bridge and run the wire pickup up through one and down through the one on the other side and leave about 1/2" of end of the wire in the body of the uke. In the case of your KoAloha, this means that the width of the pickup will be almost the entire width of the saddle. KoAloha saddles tend to extend ever so slightly beyond the ends of the bridge.

Also, make sure that the excess wire is bundled tightly with a zip tie to prevent it from rattling around inside the body of the uke.

Thanks so much for the info guys. I will have a good friend of mine who is a luthier install it. He mostly works guitars but he is a pro so no worries. Chuck, thanks especially for posting the pics.

Top Bottom