Ukulele World Congress- Not for Sale

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I've been approached several times lately by some "johnny come lately's" wanting to cash in on the current ukulele craze so I'd like to state clearly that the Ukulele World Congress is a party for our friends in the ukulele community, it is not a commercial event. Do not come with the intention of making money or promoting your product. Small homegrown luthiers like Boat Paddle and Dave G are always welcome and folks are welcome to bring any vintage or CBU's they want to swap or show off. The UWC will remain a free event for ukulele lovers by uke lovers.

Right on! I hope to make it there someday, but even if I don't, it's good to know that there ARE events like this.

That's great Mike. I hope to get to the UWC at some point in the future. Unfortunately for me, it falls in the middle of baseball season, as I coach two teams and am Vice President of our local chapter of Babe Ruth baseball. Oh well, someday....

I did love all of the videos and photos from last years UWC. Hopefully there will be many more this year for all of us folks that can't attend.

It is the greatest party EVER and Mike and Tookta are the world's greatest party hosts! Thanks for putting it on Mike - and for keeping it pure!

I am so excited to attend a uke function that I don't have to work to be there!!! I have yet to attend one like that! EVER! I am bringing me, myself, and 2 or 3 of my personal ukes, and that is IT!!! Woo-hoo! How nice will that be?! Sooooo excited about it! Like giddy excited! It is gonna be sooooo awesome!

Thanks, Mike. I hope it stays that way for good. Looking forward to it.

Good on you Mike! I have come to see this as the Ukulele Woodstock...(erm, less drugs though!) I have cash saved for the trip this year...I WILL make it...(even if I have to sell some ukes to get there)!
:cool:

Aloha Mike,
Way to go bruddah, you tell 'um like it is....plain and simple to the point!!! Money does not buy everything...UWC was created to have fun...MM Stan

the UWC is the only event of this nature that I really wish I could make. if I ever arrive at the position where I can afford the transportation, etc. I'll be there with bells on.

(and pants too, since they probably won't let me on the bus without them.) ;-)

Aww - I searched the site but couldn't find out when/where this is. Is it on a sticky?
In any case - keep it real!

This sounds great! I wish I could come. I think there should be a major ukulele event in every part of the world, so everybody could make at least one a year. We had ours in December, I think it was, I only got to visit for a short time.

Top Bottom