WANTED: Acoustic/Electric Concert Uke & Kala ASAC-T

Ukestartup

Reaction score
Do you have either of these that you want to sell?
I am in the market for both.

I've got an asac-t that I might talk my wife into selling. I bought a cedartop tenor cutaway an she had to have a uke too. She played it a few times the first few weeks, and hasn't touched it since. I play it once in a while, but as you can see I have a full stable and have no need for 2 tenors. I really should sell everything except my Kiwaya and Gibson, and my Dolphin of course.

Anyway, this has a really nice grain with a lot of that Koa type glow. I hand buffed the finish with Meguiar's compound and it really brought out the grain, really striking.Don't know why they put such a dull finish on these. It's probably the prettiest instrument I [we] have.
These were $350 when I got it from MGM, but I think the price has dropped. Thinking about $250 shipped.

Interested?

I'll post some picts later if interested & my wife says ok.

I have a Stagg concert with electronics that I'm looking to sell. I'll have to grab it from my drummer/pianist, but here's what it looks like. Concert size, nice sounding pickup, clean fretwork and fun to play. I paid $180, but I'd sell it for $100.IMG_0594.jpg

Please NEVER send a delicate musical instrument via PARCEL POST in winter just to save a couple of dollars in shipping. Yikes

Please NEVER send a delicate musical instrument via PARCEL POST in winter just to save a couple of dollars in shipping. Yikes

why not? I had a uke sent to me via UPS and it was damaged. I don't think the way it is shipped makes that big a difference. I always put insurance on any uke I send. That is the way to save.

Because if it's sent Parcel Post it will usually take a week and if it's being sent to the northeast in winter that means the instrument is sitting in a truck or a warehouse for 4 or 5 days in below freezing temperatures. Not a good idea

Because if it's sent Parcel Post it will usually take a week and if it's being sent to the northeast in winter that means the instrument is sitting in a truck or a warehouse for 4 or 5 days in below freezing temperatures. Not a good idea

yeah but even express it will sit for 2 days. My rule of thumb is I spend $30 on shipping and insurance. anything over that, I charge. It is only fair. I once sold a uke for $230 and it cost me $50 to ship it. I owned it for 2 weeks and spent $250 on it. Hopefully it was insured. IF it was, they will repair it or replace it. Can't lose there.

Thanks Haolejohn for the input. Yes I hope it was insured too. I would pay extra for good shipping. Happy playing :)

Top Bottom