Is this a good ukulele to start out with??

iUkulele

Reaction score
First, MGM is a great guy, he is a member here, and sets up his ukes great from what I hear. I have not personally had experience with Kala, but it's a good uke to start with to my knowledge. Also, search will return many things I'm sure.

Welcome and congrats on your path to ukulele enlightment!

What SinisterDom says, especially the part about giving the search function a whirl. You'll like it a lot. Perhaps "beginner ukulele" or "Kala concert" or "buying advice" can give you some useful results. The info is there, but it's up to you to dig it up and use it to your advantage.

Congratulations on your first 'ukulele! I got my 'ukulele two weeks ago and I can't put it down. I also like the book that it comes with, "Discovering the 'Ukulele" because I am learning from that book. My 'ukulele teacher is one of the authors of that book, Herb Ohta, Jr. :nana:

Hey. Aloha and welcome to Ukulele Underground.

Your uke that you found on ebay is a pretty good place to start. Not that expensive and like the others say, Musicguymic is a great seller. He or his workers dress and work on each ukulele before it goes out. They check the action and make sure each and every uke going out is working well. Go for it . You can lose!

Congratulations on your first 'ukulele! I got my 'ukulele two weeks ago and I can't put it down. I also like the book that it comes with, "Discovering the 'Ukulele" because I am learning from that book. My 'ukulele teacher is one of the authors of that book, Herb Ohta, Jr. :nana:

That is so cool how your ukulele teacher is one of the authors in that book!! You are so lucky!! :)

I personally have this uke and its great. I got it about 3 months ago from MGM and I dont regret it at all. It has a nice solid tone and when connected to an amp it sounds even better. Hope this helps.

-J312311

I would say that's an excellent starter ukulele. A friend of mine bought that and I personally think it plays nicer than my $295 kala ktec. It's loud and resonant, and has nice action. I like it.

It's a very solid ukulele and if you buy it from MGM he will take care of you. MGM is awesome! Super fast shipping and great value.

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with either. I guess it really depends on which woods you want. I think the spruce top looks sexy. I like the rosette pattern and linings.

Well since you were going to purchase the KA-CE, just go with the KA-C its the exact same thing, just without the pick-up for the amp. It's also a tad cheaper.

I got a kala Ka-CG, I ordered it yesterday on ebay. It should be in the mail in.. 6 days maybe? Hopefully!! Anyways, I can try and post pictures up as soon as I get it. I am so excited!! :)

Kala Spruce Top

I have the kala sitka spruce top...Bought it a few months ago from musicguymic on ebay...excellent instrument...He upgraded to Aquilas and did the set up perfectly....It is a beautiful instrument as well...I say get it!

Top Bottom