Got my new Uke!

velofille

Reaction score
I got one of the cheap ($150usd) Concert sized "solid koa wood" Ukes from from taisamlu on ebay.

Wow talk about fast delivery time! i didn't expect a huge about for the price but i can tell you thats one sweet looking Ukelele! Surprisingly it arrived 2 working days after payment, which is pretty darned good since i live on the other side of the world! (I paid friday, arrived tuesday morning - EMS).
I tuned it up and immediately noticed the strings were wound around the pegs and had way to much excess (it was overlapping badly). Other than that I don't see anything immediately obviously bad with it.

Will restring when i get home from work. As far as sound goes, man it sounds so sweet!!!!

As far as size goes, my previous Uke was a Dolphin Soprano, so i was having a few problems with finger picking, not realizing that it was possible due to size.
I got Concert thinking that it might be a little easier, but also a bit louder. Turns out i'm a heap better at finger picking now my hands are less mashed up into small contortions (ok, i have large hands .. bigger than most guys).

Will take pics later on, and have a play in my lunch break!

Congrats on your new uke!!!!

Oh wow. Was the $150 the shipped price? I'd imagine EMS was pretty expensive.

Glad you're enjoying it, and I look forward to pictures too! How's the action?

Aloha Velofille Kia Ora,
WOW and congrats on your new ukulele....you can unwind and shorten the string in the meantime to three wraps around the post, but you will need to break in the strings again.....Have Fun and Enjoy
Happy Strummings...MM Stan..

Congratulations on the new ukulele! I hope you can post a sound sampel at some point. i don't think I've ever heard one of those ukuleles before.

Oh wow. Was the $150 the shipped price? I'd imagine EMS was pretty expensive.

Glad you're enjoying it, and I look forward to pictures too! How's the action?
it was another $50-60 shipping. Worked out to be $270NZD total shipped, which is better than its nearest competitor of over $600NZD from local.

Aloha Velofille Kia Ora,
WOW and congrats on your new ukulele....you can unwind and shorten the string in the meantime to three wraps around the post, but you will need to break in the strings again.....Have Fun and Enjoy
Happy Strummings...MM Stan..

Yeah, i dont mind re-stringing the strings on it (they are way to long and layered up on the pegs), but ill do it when i get home rather than at work. Its almost 11am here now, so i can have a play at lunch time :D

please post some pictures of yer new uke :p

bloody heck this is the week from hell. Apart from a few strums at lunch I have not had time to even touch it! Had to get home, kids fed, do assignment for course,dress and go out.
tomorrow i need to finish assignment during lunch at work, then after work drop kids at cheerleading, go do course and hand in all assignments, etc.
Soonest im even going to be able to play with it or photograph it is the day after tomorrow :O

bloody heck this is the week from hell. Apart from a few strums at lunch I have not had time to even touch it! Had to get home, kids fed, do assignment for course,dress and go out.
tomorrow i need to finish assignment during lunch at work, then after work drop kids at cheerleading, go do course and hand in all assignments, etc.
Soonest im even going to be able to play with it or photograph it is the day after tomorrow :O

Change Jobs!!!

My new uke arrived this morn as i was heading off to work, grabbed it and spent the day playing songs on it at work!!! (we all had a good time, lol)

Your new Uke looks nice, pretty inlay on the fretboard!!

life is not fair! Kids, they ruin all the fun! :)

Top Bottom