Free ukulele [ strings attached ]

strumsilly

Reaction score
After reading several posts about Rogue and how cheap they were I bought several and their mandolin too. For the price, the Mando is awesome, but have bad luck with the ukes. Sent the baritone back due to badlt backbowed neck. and the 2 soprano's have serious issues. gave one to my friends kid who expressed interest, hoping to foster more [than 1] uke players in my area. Wanted to send this back, but Music 123 said just keep it, and refunded my $.
So here's the attached string, you fix the uke so it's playable and pass it onto someone deserving , you get it free. I'll even pay postage.The problems are typical for a cheap uke . Intonation awful do to high action at nut and saddle.sloppy finish. I was expecting that, but even TAKING SADDLE OUT action is still too high! someones going to have to shave some off the top of bridge, or pop it off and take it off the back, or both.. anyway I've already got too many projects to fool with it.

Aloha

Last edited:
I'd love to attempt it so i can learn as much as possible but if someone who can guarantee their ability to fix it it comes along, i'd gladly bow out. I'd even post pictures of the process and ask for help if (when) I get stuck.

Last edited:
If you have no takers. I am always teaching local kids the uke, and give them away to local kids all the time. Always welcome donated ukes to supply the kids around here with them. Let me know if it's still available and I assure you it will go to a deserving kid that truly wants to learn. I have taken countless cheap ukes and made them fairly good players by removing and reworking the nut and saddle. Would love to give yours a shot and see it in the hands of a cool kid that wants to learn.

God Bless

Last edited:
address sent. I will set it up nice, and see it gets in worthy hands..

God Bless

Yes, but Mr Dorp is too formal for friends, lol.. Just T works, or many other names I go by, some can be viewed in public, others can't..lol..

Top Bottom