WTB: Risa stick or other solid body Risa??

ukuDaily

Reaction score
WTB: Risa stick, other solid body Risa or a backpacker uke??

Ok, I have been looking for the perfect ukulele to take with me on a cruise, but don't want something that I will only play on the cruise. I have a Kanilea and a Pono, and I certainly don't want to bring either of them. I also have a Kala Travel uke, but the string spacing is too tight for my fat fingers.

I got to thinking about the Risa Stick as I frequently want something that I can noodle around on while watching TV with the wifey or play in other surroundings where people don't want to hear me play. The stick sounds like it might be just the thing. Even if it isn't, the resale on them.

If you have one you would like to turn into a reasonable amount of cash, let me know via IM or email. I also added regular Risa ukes to the mix as I could maybe be interested in one if the price was right.

Last edited:
Aloha Mike,
I have another option and it's a backpacker ukulele from Captain Ukuleles....has a hollow body and has more volume than a risa stick a has a pick up...mione has good intonation, volume for a small uke and fun to
play...plus alot cheaper than the risa.. when I bought it, over a year ago easy, it was 154.00 included shipping...I think now it is 20 dollars more...not sure... I got a honeytone amp and A/C adapter from
musicians friend for about $30.00 ....it a fun instrument... http://www.captainukuleles.co.nz/home.html Bevan is a pleasure to do business with and returns calls immediately...and so accomadating...
Check it out....and go for it..

Have you considered selling the Kala Travel uke?

Yes, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I paid $100 plus shipping for it and would part with it for that. Shipping is usually about $15 unless the buyer needs it fast. BTW, it is the standard Kala concert uke in perfect shape. I put Ko'oluau golds on it warm up the sound a bit. I can post some pictures of it tonight.

Aloha Mike,
I have another option and it's a backpacker ukulele from Captain Ukuleles....has a hollow body and has more volume than a risa stick a has a pick up...mione has good intonation, volume for a small uke and fun to
play...plus alot cheaper than the risa.. when I bought it, over a year ago easy, it was 154.00 included shipping...I think now it is 20 dollars more...not sure... I got a honeytone amp and A/C adapter from
musicians friend for about $30.00 ....it a fun instrument... http://www.captainukuleles.co.nz/home.html Bevan is a pleasure to do business with and returns calls immediately...and so accomadating...
Check it out....and go for it..

Perfect! I already have a honeytone. I sent Bevan an email, though I doubt he can get me one in time as I leave a week from Saturday.

I think I will change the subject to cast a wider net.

Top Bottom