Shimabukuro limited edtion Kamaka on eBay

bazonkers

Reaction score
In case anyone is looking for one of these limited Jake Shimabukuro Kamaka ukuleles, there is one on eBay right now for a buy it now of $17,000 (or best offer).

It's nice but unless some super wealthy collector just has to have this instrument, I don't think it's going to sell at that high price. Maybe the buyer will accept a much lower best offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHIMABUKURO-KAM...ultDomain_0&hash=item2c5a5eda88#ht_500wt_1156

Bid away! :) (It's not my auction, btw.)

Hot damn. But thanks for the link. I'll forward it onto someone wealthy I know who might actually be interested in purchasing it.

Rosewood fretboard? In this price range I would have expected ebony!

Wow. What did these originally sell for? How much of a premium is this seller asking for?

Hmmm... for $17,000 maybe Jake would sell you his own uke.:)

Hmmm... for $17,000 maybe Jake would sell you his own uke.:)

exactly, but I remember reading somewhere that estimates for his uke were around 20k.
But for 17k we could ahve bought 3 of those new:)

Wow. What did these originally sell for? How much of a premium is this seller asking for?

I believe the original cost was $5500.

Even if it was Jake's personal ukulele, I can't imagine anyone paying that much for this ukulele...Sorry it makes me think of scalpers for tickets and this guy saying that he played it for 10 minuetes....he probally
wasn't even intrested in the ukulele at all and someone else who really wanted it to lose out on it...the rich gets richer type senerio...sheesh.

Hmm????? I wonder if my wife would mind????? Hmmm?????

Will I play like Jake if I have this uke?
Very tempting.

Even if it was Jake's personal ukulele, I can't imagine anyone paying that much for this ukulele...Sorry it makes me think of scalpers for tickets and this guy saying that he played it for 10 minuetes....he probally
wasn't even intrested in the ukulele at all and someone else who really wanted it to lose out on it...the rich gets richer type senerio...sheesh.

I totally agree with you. Too bad someone who would really of enjoyed it didn't win the lottery for it.

Kauai808 posted..
Will I play like Jake if I have this uke?

Kamaka Jake Shimabukuro Limited Edition - $5500
D'Addario J71 Strings - $3.99
Being able to play like Jake - Priceless...

... or $17,000 on ebay.

John

The auction would have to be "play like Jake" for $17,000. There was another JS on ebay a month or two ago and that went for $6,500 and only had one bidder.

Personally, I would take five or six MooreBettahs at that price.

I do give the seller credit for keeping the shipping costs down. $20 is very reasonable. Heck, he's probably LOSING money on the shipping. Of course, MGM usually includes free shipping all the way from Hawaii. : )

If my offer of $500 is accepted I'll post photos and a video upon receiving it. Wish me luck!

What a shame. I echo the earlier thought that I wish someone else would have won his/her lottery position...somebody that would have truly enjoyed and appreciated that ukulele. Ugh. Even if I had 17K (which I would never have, or pay, for an ukulele) I wouldn't buy it from this person. I think that markup is insanity. I understand that maybe they now need the money, or maybe they don't feel worthy of that ukulele, or maybe they are nervous playing one that expensive, or just that they changed their mind, so they want to get rid of it. So sell it for the $5500 you paid. Or even $7500 if you want to make a profit. I could even see them trying to charge 10K since they are so rare. But I think 17K is ridiculous.

If my offer of $500 is accepted I'll post photos and a video upon receiving it. Wish me luck!
Go Ronnie go! I'm rooting for you. ;)

No disrespect to Jake our brudda. But, there aint' no artist I like enough to pay figures like that for any signiture. Maybe it's because I have never been "star struck". I mean, one that got the opportunity to sit with Billy Gibbons and the boys for a beer before a concert in Houston, and tho cool as heck, but still basically just a beer with the boys, I wouldn't even have paid that much if he gave me his Les Paul. Just sayin. Crazy, that is.. Nice Uke tho.

Top Bottom