My audio interview with Jake Shimabukuro

Excellent interview...very well done!

Looking forward to video of Jake @ the jam.

~Michael

Great interview Alan. You're very good on the radio.
What I found interesting was when he talked about sticking with one particular ukulele and developing an intimate relationship and becoming proficient with it. Good stuff.

Chuck,

That's true. He plays the same instrument whenever he records or performs. He has a backup that is almost identical to it but I've never seen him use it.

His Kamaka is to him what your (my?) MB is to me!

Aloha Alan,
Great job and inerview......enjoyed it very much!! Thanks for sharing....and you have also contributed to the the ukulele movement as well....well done to the both of you!! MM Stan

That was a great interview!! Great job and thanks for posting it!!!!

Chuck,

That's true. He plays the same instrument whenever he records or performs. He has a backup that is almost identical to it but I've never seen him use it.

His Kamaka is to him what your (my?) MB is to me!

I was thinking more about the people have a dozen ukuleles of different makes and models that they play and don't develop an intimate relationship with any of them. I've only seen Jake perform with the Kamaka that has the two stripes running down from the sound hole. I've yet to see his backup.
I wonder if Willie nelson has a backup for Trigger?

Well, that was very cool. As someone who has never had UAS, and who LOVES high-G, it was also a case of preaching to the choir with me.

The best bit was definitely the dialogue between musician and instrument. That says so much about his musical philosophy. After having one ukulele for a year, I now have another, and I can still find myself trying to hear what it's saying, and trying to convince it of what I'm saying.

I only ever had one acoustic and one electric guitar. Those lasted about 20 years. Still, I find a ukulele a much more personal relationship. More intimate. Which might relate to size. Range. Dunno.

It also makes me more impatient about the impending conversation.

Great stuff, Alan. I really appreciate your generosity in sharing it with us.

Great interview Alan. He must have been a delight to work with. He is so gracious and "talkative". He sure threw a bomb at UAS. All that money spent on different ukes when we are supposed to be falling in love with and concentrating on one uke!! :) Don't want my wife to hear this interview !! :) Thanks!! Lozark

Great interview Alan. He must have been a delight to work with. He is so gracious and "talkative". He sure threw a bomb at UAS. All that money spent on different ukes when we are supposed to be falling in love with and concentrating on one uke!! :) Don't want my wife to hear this interview !! :) Thanks!! Lozark

Yes. Notice that I didn't mention to him that I own about 50 ukes. I felt kind of polygamous! :O

I just finished listening to the interview-- great job Alan! But 50 ukes, holy cow!

I was thinking more about the people have a dozen ukuleles of different makes and models that they play and don't develop an intimate relationship with any of them. I've only seen Jake perform with the Kamaka that has the two stripes running down from the sound hole. I've yet to see his backup.
I wonder if Willie nelson has a backup for Trigger?

I wonder if I can get a back up for my wife...

Awesome Alan. Nicely done, and thanks.

Top Bottom