Tuning your ukulele, what do you use?

SinisterDom

Reaction score
I normally use a chromatic, but I occasionally use a Pitch Pipe, anyone here tune by ear? I try, but always mess up by going to high. :)

i use a tuner... because u know?? im def from all the reggae i listen to so i can't by ear and im lazy... and my tuner cost $60 lmao.. =]

http://www.get-tuned.com/ukulele_tuner.php

Haha, b/c I can't quite seem to get my Epiphone guitar tuner to work with my ukulele...maybe I'm not trying hard enough, but I suspect that it is simply unable to tune ukes. XD I do have a chromatic tuner from when I was in band, but I'm not quite sure where it is anymore...

And ukulele tuners are way too expensive.

Haha, b/c I can't quite seem to get my Epiphone guitar tuner to work with my ukulele...maybe I'm not trying hard enough, but I suspect that it is simply unable to tune ukes. XD I do have a chromatic tuner from when I was in band, but I'm not quite sure where it is anymore...

i think mines a guitar tuner, he told me if a tuner will tune a violin... it can tune an ukulele or something.

I use a clip-on tuner, like this one:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Intellitouch-PT1-Tuner-100844547-i1125547.gc

That is by far the best way to tune your uke, IMHO :D

That one is definitely nice, but 50 dollars for a dedicated guitar/ukulele tuner is a bit steep for me.

Since this topic just brought it up, I went and found my Korg chromatic tuner. Its the black one that a lot of people have in band (because it's nice and cheap at $20, and widely available) And it works great for tuning my ukulele. And if I wanted to attach it to my uke, I'm sure I could buy one of those plug-in things that go into the tuner and clamp onto your uke/guitar/wind instrument. Not as portable, but at half the price and far more versitile. :D

Clip on tuner at jams, pitch pipe in the car, key board at home. Trying to train my ear to hear a G so I can tune with my brain.
When I was in school I played flute. Flutes tune to a concert Bb. Back then I could just sing a Bb, I had heard it for so many years, so I know I can do it. Of course I'm old now so you know it might take a while to re-train this old dog......

I am a tuning freak! (I think I may have some ocd issues about it.) So, for tuners we have...
a pitch pipe in every ukulele case, plus
a Korg chromatic tuner (Rich's favorite),
a Kala chromatic tuner,
a Seiko keychain tuner,
and an Eno clip-on tuner (my favorite).

A nice thing about the clip-on is that if we're jamming with friends and someone is out of tune, I can hand them the tuner and they can tune up, and nobody else's instrument interferes. (Yes, I have done that...I said I was a tuning freak!)

I use my MDA with tunning software, or software on my pc :]

I am a tuning freak! (I think I may have some ocd issues about it.) So, for tuners we have...
a pitch pipe in every ukulele case, plus
a Korg chromatic tuner (Rich's favorite),
a Kala chromatic tuner,
a Seiko keychain tuner,
and an Eno clip-on tuner (my favorite).

A nice thing about the clip-on is that if we're jamming with friends and someone is out of tune, I can hand them the tuner and they can tune up, and nobody else's instrument interferes. (Yes, I have done that...I said I was a tuning freak!)

A keychain tuner? That sounds conveniant, :D.

That's really neat! I am probably going to buy one sometime tonight/tomorrow because I am also going to order an Eleuke. (I sold one of those stacking washer and dryer things that my dad had, lol)

I use a cheapy tune tech clip on chromatic tuner--
cost me about 24-25 bucks, and I'm always in tune. Only thing is, for a while I had issues with it.. actually until I got my tenor, now it seems to work ok, which is odd.

all in all, tis good.

yea, I use get-tuned.com

I use a Meisel MCT-8L Clip-On Tuner. It's one of those pentagonal-shaped chromatic tuners that multiple companies just slap their brand names on to make it seem like they made it even though they all come from the same chinese factory... lol

Top Bottom