So... I have no idea how to "chuck."

UkuleleLee

Reaction score
You know, "chuck." Well I've been playing for a couple months now and yet I still have no idea how to do this technique =/ Does anyone know how to explain it to me?

And after you've read all those threads it still won't work. It took me three years, I read everything and tried to apply it, I had everyone including Aldrine show me how to do it. It just never happened for me. And then after 3 years one morning it just happened. I heard it and couldn't believe it....I wasn't even trying to chunk, but there it was I tried it again and was successful. So don't beat yourself up if it takes you a while to master.

Yeah, not for me either. Every single one of those videos already assume you know how to do it. No offense to the people in the vids, but I don't think I'll ever be able to do it. The local players don't meet so often anymore, and when they do, they like to hit the booze, and it's not really a technique they use much anyway... and I asked my guitar playing husband and he doesn't know either, so yeah, not happening for me either. Don't feel bad. You're not alone.

So today I randomly learned how to chunk. I had understood the concept but today I finally got it down. :D
Thank you, all.

Congrats! I'll go sit in a corner now. Team Can't Chunk - Membership of 1. ;)
Three years, Plainsong....it took me three years. It'll happen. And then you can't stop. You can't stop the chunk. All my songs sound the same now.

I've been playing for 1 month now and don't have a problem with the general chuck as it comes natural to me from playing guitar. However, I need to work on my fine technique. I find that I get a lot of buzzing from the palm of my strum hand against the vibrating strings when I don't hit the chuck just right.

My two biggest challenges right now are 1) paying more attention to strumming technique, and 2) learning how to play and sing at the same time.

I've been playing for 1 month now and don't have a problem with the general chuck as it comes natural to me from playing guitar. However, I need to work on my fine technique. I find that I get a lot of buzzing from the palm of my strum hand against the vibrating strings when I don't hit the chuck just right.

My two biggest challenges right now are 1) paying more attention to strumming technique, and 2) learning how to play and sing at the same time.
meself i will have to try this out, sound like lotsa' fun to me.

I watched Aldrine's video about 10 times, still couldn't do it.. then realized while just futzing around one day that I do chunk - but far be it from me to be able to explain to anyone how I do it!

I often hear myself doing it without intending to, and have to stop and "reboot" my strumming when that happens.

-Kurt

Top Bottom