My new KoAloha Concert is on its way!

UkePhilly

Reaction score
My new KoAloha Concert is on its way! (Update: it's HERE!)

Just ordered my first premium Uke from MGM: a KoAloha Concert!

I'm going to be glued to PackageTrackr (http://www.packagetrackr.com/) for the next day waiting for its arrival.

uke.jpg

Not sure how the little blue truck is supposed to make it over the Pacific though. ;)

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Congratulations!!!! Now comes the hardest part....the dreaded wait. Don't forget to let your new uke aclimate before you open the box....oh no....another wait!!!! (But it will be worth it!!!)

Acclimatize??!?!? How long? That wait will really kill me...

And I hope the wonderful east coast weather doesn't delay it even further:
weather.jpg

:eek:

Acclimatize??!?!? How long? That wait will really kill me...

And I hope the wonderful east coast weather doesn't delay it even further ...

Coming from Hawaii to Philly, your uke will go through many temperature changes. The "acceptable" acclimatize period is ... wait for it...

When it gets there DO NOT OPEN the box (unless of course it is already mangled beyond belief & you need to open it to make the shipper replace it!). Let it sit UNOPENED for a minimum of 24 hours!!! Then when you open the box, let the uke sit UNOPENED in its case for another several hours. The whole point is to not schock the instrument w/a quick change in temp to minimize the possible ill effects on the instrument (usually evidenced as finish cracks in the glossy finish).

Aloha Uke Philly,
Congrats on the new Koaloha....and now the dreaded wait....wait was that the mailman or the UPS truck???? Let us know how it turns out and some pic's if can...MM Stan

It may not need 24 hours. My Kanile'a came from Hawaii to Charleston to Helsinki about this time last year. It was very much below freezing at the time. I even discussed the issue with Kanile'a as to whether it should just wait in Charleston until Spring.

If it takes 24 hours for the box to feel room temp, then so be it. But it probably won't take that long. As the box warms up, go ahead and open that, and then feel the case. Open that when it feels room temp. You should be fine. It shouldn't take 24 hours, but if it does, it does.

Congratulations on your new uke. A KoAloha uke is my dream uke.
Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Congrads on the new uke! however this might only curb your appetite...I find the ukulele to be highly addictive..

Coming from Hawaii to Philly, your uke will go through many temperature changes. The "acceptable" acclimatize period is ... wait for it...

When it gets there DO NOT OPEN the box (unless of course it is already mangled beyond belief & you need to open it to make the shipper replace it!). Let it sit UNOPENED for a minimum of 24 hours!!! Then when you open the box, let the uke sit UNOPENED in its case for another several hours. The whole point is to not schock the instrument w/a quick change in temp to minimize the possible ill effects on the instrument (usually evidenced as finish cracks in the glossy finish).

Torture to have it sitting there right in front of you but better safe than sorry.

Congrats! I love mine too! I am sure you will be well pleased!

Congrats,
I know you will dig yours. Mine has become my favorite. I am just waiting for a MiSi to arrive to install in it. I think then it will be my main uke. Don't forget the pics.

Congrats!

which of us will receive the koaloha concert before?

I still wait my koaloha concert pikake with MI-Si pickup from MGM since january 8. My uke is in the Foreing Customs now...

Man, all these threads about KoAloha concerts make me regret selling mine. Twas a good instrument, and mine had the one-piece front/back/sides. Enjoy yours! I gotta look for another one now. Haha.

24 hours?!!?!? I think I may need a restraining order to keep me from opening that box. :cool:

It's now in the CONUS!

sd.jpg

fabioponta -- I feel for you! Dealing with customs must be a nightmare...

After reading this thread, I had to go grab my KoAloha Concert and enjoy.
You will too!!! :D
Cheers,
Skottoman

Remember UkePhilly, good things come to those who wait.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 28
So is KaAloha the way to go? I've been pondering what ukulele to get when I decide to get a new one. Mine is listed in my signature and it's nice but I want something more authentic. If that makes sense. But I havent done any research.

And congratulations on the new uke! I'm happy for you!

Top Bottom