Should I still be having this problem?

ltlpenguin

Reaction score
So it's been about a month and I stretched the strings and everything, but it still goes out of tune quite often. By that, I mean I tune and 5 minutes later it's out again. There's also one string that stays consistently out of tune. What should I do?

my mahalo is out of tune after 1 strum. what kind of ukulele do u own?

it might be because you are playing too hard.

the strings are bad.

or its just the uke.

I've got a Makala dolphin soprano which I used to play for a couple of hours daily. I put Aquila strings on it. The strings settled down after three or four days and then I used to have tweak the tuning - particularly the fourth string (high G) maybe as often as two or three times a day.

I guess it depends how often and for how long you play. Good luck!

You may need to tighten the tuners. If they are too loose, they will not stay in place and your ukulele will go out of tune very easily.

On the back of the tuner is a screw. Tighten that, but not too hard. If you have a particular string that is still going quickly out of tune, tighten it a bit more until that stops happening.

if you have a small enough screwdriver that is, i find it hard to find one that small. Next best option is the file from nail clippers.

I got a weird one. I put aquilas on my soprano and I notice the C string always needs to be LOOSENED when I play it again. Like it's up at C# everytime I re-tune it. I've never seen this before. Should I be concerned?

its probably the way the strings are on it. try taking them off and putting then back on...i had that problem. if not then its the strings try a new set or.....its the weather...the weather or atmosphere can definately mess it up...going in and out of rooms can actually do a lot to nylon strings. try finding a humdifier that will solve the problem

Top Bottom