Sentimental Regrets...

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
I sold a nice Kamaka Soprano white label...and now wish I didn't.....any of you sold a
ukulele you wish you kept.......

Sorry to hear about the sellers remorse Stan. I almost went through the same problem. I had a craigslist buyer who was ready to buy a gold label soprano from me. I was regretting my decision but thankfully the buyer changed his mind the last minute. Needless to say I have not put my Ukulele on the market since then.

g'day Stan.

Honestly, virtually every uke I've sold leaves a lingering kind of dull ache when I think about them. They always have personal memories attached to them and are so difficult to part with for that reason I guess. I've probably sold on nearly 20 ukuleles now I reckon and some I regret more than others...

I regret selling my pocket uke because my 6 year old son always reminds me of it and wishes he could have had it instead.

Also sold a few vintage ukes that were hard to part with. The two I probably regret most were a Cole Clark "ukelady" and most recently, a Mya Moe Koa concert...

but that's the thing when you're an obsessive/compulsive buyer too, sometimes you just gotta make up the cash somewhere and the decision to sell isn't so much a choice as a decision that gets made for you by default.

i've had terrible regret selling a certain car...haven't thought about it for a while. still hurts (i know it's just a car, but i'll never have this car back).

I've never sold an instrument, can't quite bring myself to do that. I have three tenor ukes (mahogany, cedar and spruce), two handmade guitars, four mandolins, etc.

I suppose if it came down to "I have to sell this to buy that" or to pay my bills it'd be different.

Hey Stan!

I've sold lots and lots! Since I live in a low-uke city I've ended up buying and selling/trading a lot of ukes, looking for the right feel and sound. I finally found it in Kanile'a.

My one regret has been selling a Tangi Manini. Just too cute - but my fingers just didn't want to work the itty bitty fretboard. I wish I'd tried a little harder with that little gem, though.

Never that I've regretted, but came close: almost sold my Gibson Uke 1. That would have been a big mistake...

I'd like to keep 'em all, but budget and talent constraints can merely justify the great ukes that I'm lucky enough to own.:love:

My Koaloha soprano that some ukesters convinced me wasn't good at all.

Yeah.....

And my husband misses the Little Martin he got me one Christmas when I was still trying to do guitar.

Every KoAloha I have ever sold. Soprano, Supersoprano, and Concert. The concert is probably the one I miss the most. But I needed the money to fund other things and wasn't going to sell any of my favorite KoAlohas...those are never getting sold...unless I upgrade to a nicer version of the same thing.

My Risa concert Uke-stick, Kala Jazz Archtop tenor and the Ohana Vita.

Sorely missed.. but alas I don't have to funds nor the space in my collection to get them back.... not to mention the desire for other new ukes I haven't tried before..

Oh treachery... UAS >_<!

Sorry to hear about the sellers remorse Stan. I almost went through the same problem. I had a craigslist buyer who was ready to buy a gold label soprano from me. I was regretting my decision but thankfully the buyer changed his mind the last minute. Needless to say I have not put my Ukulele on the market since then.

Thanks guy and gals....I feel empty now, yup sellers remorse...and it wasn't even about money...I thought that person needed it more than me.....I was mistaken.....sheesh!!

Hey Stan!

I've sold lots and lots! Since I live in a low-uke city I've ended up buying and selling/trading a lot of ukes, looking for the right feel and sound. I finally found it in Kanile'a.

My one regret has been selling a Tangi Manini. Just too cute - but my fingers just didn't want to work the itty bitty fretboard. I wish I'd tried a little harder with that little gem, though.
Aloha Jon,
Maybe I may not get mine back, but you have a chance to get a tangi mango manini...Ahnko Honu is selling in hawaii craigslist... http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/2173038213.html Good Luck, Stan

Aloha Stan!

I've sold a few ukes that I wish I could have kept but no real remorse since my stable is pretty nice ;) I've had lots of gear. Out of all of it, I only regret selling 3 things. A custom Sunn amp, a '56 Les Paul Goldtop and a '69 Martin D-35. All sold when I was young and even more foolish than I am now ;)

Sorry my friend you are going through your remorse.. I can't say as I have sold any instruments and regret it.. The only one I would sell, no one would buy. It would be like selling a lemon..
Hang in there!

I have never sold an instrument in my life. I haven't sold a car, either, come to think of it. I just use them up (the cars, that is). I can't really recall anything I've sold.. although I know the reason for it all is that I'm utterly without a gene to do business so selling would just be a list of bad deals.

I buy instead. Much more satisfying.

I tend to remember mostly the good things about people and ukes. There certainly were plausible reasons why I sold the ukes I did, but I do occasionally wonder why I sold a few. No real regrets, as I wouldn't have the nice ukes I have now if I hadn't sold others.

Every uke I have sold (both of them) have me feeling sad when I packed them up to be shipped. But I sold them because I did not favor the size. It is still sad at the time but I get over it pretty quickly.

Top Bottom