Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele

Well, I hope it sounds better plugged in then it did in that video..

Looks like it's going to just break barely over $100. Listed for 85 Euros already.

Hmm.. I hadn't had a need for another uke.. but it's got me looking.. not healthy..

It is a concert size. Includes a Gigbag.

Street Price is: $99

Here is the press info we received:

Real Les Paul Styling in a Ukulele! Long known for it's history of making great Les Paul guitars, Epiphone expands upon that knowledge and experience with the NEW Les Paul Acoustic/Electric ukulele outfit. Like a traditional Les Paul Standard, it features a solid Mahogany body combined with a AAA grade flame maple top for great tone and great looks. The Mahogany neck features a comfortable D-profile shape and is bolted onto the body with 4-recessed screws for rock-solid stability and ease of service. It's Rosewood fingerboard features a concert length 15" scale and 21 nickel/silver frets with a 16" fingerboard radius. Plug it In and Turn It Up! Unplugged, this Les Paul Uke has great natural acoustic tone and volume. But plug it in and it really comes alive. Equipped with a high-quality, piezo film pickup located under the saddle, both the natural tone of the strings as well as the sound of and the body are accurately captured and routed to it's durable all-metal, rim-mounted 1/4" output jack. Plug it into a PA System or amplifier and it sounds great! And loud too! Other Bonus Features! For accurate tuning stability, it features 14:1 geared machine heads. Unlike traditional "friction" tuners, these tuners have fine-tuning capability and won't slip. The new LP Uke comes with premium black nylon strings as well as a gigbag with accessory pocket for easy and safe transportation. Top it all off with a classic LP pickguard that not only looks cool but protects the beautiful flame Maple top as well and you've got a real Les Paul ukulele at an affordable price. Limited Lifetime Warranty. As with all Epiphone instruments, you can rest assured that your investment is protected with Epiphone's Limited Lifetime Warranty backed by Gibson Musical Instrument's 24/7/365 day Customer Service.

BTW: I've got 3 on order for our store :D ;)

Oh wow. I think it's really cool. $99 street really is not bad for a super cool uke with a pickup in it and geared tuners. I'm not digging the headstock though. New strings should fix it up.

I've always wondered about these niche type of instruments if they are playable and sound decent...with or without a amp..
I've had a mini guitar with 17 inch scale like this with humbuckers and the same shape with more controls...and even with
the thickest strings, they don't play so good....so bright... If you're not serious and just wanted to fool around they make
good conversation pieces......at least it was that way with my guitar..

Is there a release date on this sweet little thing?!
I love it!

I guess just being an Epi makes a Les Paul shaped uke desirable for me. I'll be thinking about this one...
LesPauluke1.jpg

Last edited:
I'll buy one as soon as they become available, just cause.

I'd say, lose the pick-guard. The headstock is not going away... that's part of the Epi branding. Their "Masterbilt" series of ukes will amaze lots of people if they ever find one and give it a try.

I have a Les Paul shaped Mahalo and just the fact that it looks like a Les Paul makes it real fun to play, besides that it sounds pretty good for a uke that costs less than $100. This one is actually an Epiphone Les Paul, which makes her very, very attractive to me. Oh man. I got no space for another uke right now :(

Sheesh, I wish I hadn't seen this. I've owned a Kiwaya K-Wave in the past and have lusted after an Ernest La Paula, so this ukulele definitely has the shape I'm interested in. And since it is an Epiphone, it can legitimately call itself a Les Paul. If it's really under $100, I would say it's worth the money just for that regardless if it actually sounds good or not.

I would like this uke so much more if it was solid bodied and did not have the soundhole.

I have an Epi Mandobird, the concept is extrodinary, the execution is so so. The neck is too skinny, the action is too high, and being a 4 string mandolin, the sound just isn't there. That said, would love to see a UkeBird, or UkeVee, or solid body UkePaul. However, if the Les Paul Uke is $100, I'll get one, and I like the pickguard. different on a Uke, and I like to play with a pick. Now that I think of it how about a UkeSG?

It would look better if the pickguard was to scale.

Top Bottom