The Uketastic Journey

Tio_Trotsky

Reaction score
I have been playing ukulele for a little over a year now. I have always had a broad taste in music but have been pleasantly surprised how learning to play the ukulele has opened up new genres of interest. I have flirted with clawhammer style and the associated old timey tunes that go with it, as well as dipping into the 1920´s with its busy little fun tunes that sound so great on the uke. Of course this website and its varied members help provide a lot of this inspiration.
Another part of the journey has been with my ukes themselves. I started with a Mainland Pineapple soprano which became a little neglected after the purchase of my second a Kala acacia tenor. My latest purchase of a Cole Clark Ukelady brought me back to favouring the shorter scale ukulele. Although i now happily report that most days they all get played.
As for the next part of the journey? Well i´m lucky to have some good musicians as friends, one of whom ( a bass and ukulele player) owns a music bar here. Every time i speak to him or his wife i get asked when i´m coming in to play on stage, hopefully nerves permitting and with plenty of practice this may be the next step. As for my ukulele family, i have a yearning for a banjolele (could push the neighbours over the edge) and/or a spruce top concert.
Anyway, just my story so far. Long may it continue.

Where´s your journey taken you?

Top Bottom