Thankful...

mendel

Reaction score
I've been super swamped at work and home over the past few weeks. I've barely had a moment to play.. Today things changed. I walked in, held my wife for a full minute. My baby boy woke up, and I played with him and loved him. He just fell asleep, I drank a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, strummed the Uke for a few and brought myself back to normal. I wanted to just mention how thankful I am for the wonderful peopleNd things in my life. I almost had to lose my mind, in order to gain perspective.

Thanks guys! The Uke, and this place make me a better and more centered person. I appreciate you all...

We're thankful with you my friend.. People need to take a look into their lives and see what they have and be thankful instead of concentrating on the things they don't have.

So glad that you found some down time and time to relax! Nothing calms me more than a happy baby. (My baby is 9 now) I miss that.. .Have a great night Mendel.. I so appreciate this place too..

That sounds like a great end to a hectic time. :) I'm happy for you. I think we all agree that uke can help a lot with stress (along with family of course). It certainly does with me. How can one stay upset/stressed once they start strumming?

Great post mendel. Thanks for sharing that mate as it draws our attention to what really matters when all is said and done.

My family and music are the two cherished things in my life too. Without them I'd be nothing and have nothing.

All the best brother and wishing many blessings to you and your wife and your beautiful little man. :)

Thanks for the wonderful post. I hope things calm down for you!

It's nice to have this online place, where we all appreciate each other just the way we are.

Your post was lovely, Mendel. I'm glad you have

a wife to hug
a child to play with
an ale to drink
a uke to strum

and us, to appreciate your appreciation of all of the above!

Pax!

Aloha Mendel,
Sometimes we get caught up with the hustle and bustle of life, I am glad there is my uke and the forums and all you members to bring me back into perspective....and to relax and enjoy the ukulele, forums,
and all of you.. thanks to you all too!! Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Aye Mendel- you are the best. Like I have said- if you could bottle that....
Just played for an hour with my soul mate- now she has fallen asleep so here I am, grounding myself, with my little friend in my lap.
Truer words ne'er spoke

Thanks for a great post! Glad you've had time to appreciate the little things, I really need to do the same :D

Its easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle. Personally, I work a full time job, I am in the dissertation part of my PhD program, I am a husband and a father. By the time the day comes to an end, I can hardly see straight because I am so tired. I have to take myself out of it sometimes in order to focus on what is really important in life...family. I also want to thank you guys here because when all is hectic, the UU is a place that soothes and calms my weary brain. Enjoy the day!!!!

Top Bottom