A simple Ukulele "dictionary"

joeybug

Reaction score
I've just started a blog to track my journey with this beautiful instrument and wondered what people think are some terms I should explain in the side bars, like UAS, but other ones. I seem to recall a glossary, but I don't want to get too technical, just something everybody new to Ukes should have some understanding of, like the sizes and the fun things like UAS and such...Ideas welcome alone with definitions, as well as a link to the glossary if I'm remembering right!

Thanks! Oh, and feel free to check out my blog, link is in my sig!

Joey

Aloha Joey,
Nice blog, thanks I enjoyed it very much...thanks for sharing.....MM Stan
If I come up with anything, I'll let you know....Nice to have you back girl...missed you!!!

Last edited:
Great idea Joey. Also enjoyed checking out your blog and I'll look forward to reading more about your journey as it continues. Blessings buddy, Jon

Maybe we should build a Ukupedia!

Very nice blog, Joey. I'm your first follower! I'll let you know if I think of any glossary terms that would be useful.

Hi Joey, Nice job on your website. It looks good and the blog is very nice. And FYI on your KPK. I have one too and I don't think there are models just the different sizes and either regular or deluxe. Yours is the regular or standard and the wood is acacia, which is in the koa family but not the koa from Hawaii. I like it because my grand daughters name is acacia. They are nice ukes aren't they?

Anyway really nice blog. Is it called website, or blogsite? Either way I liked it!

Hey Joey, very good blog, I joined!!!

Maybe we should build a Ukupedia!
I had a wiki for a year (ukewiki.org) and, except for about 3 or 4 people, nobody contributed anything except complaints that they didn't know how to work a wiki. (apparently reading the instruction page was beyond them.) I still have all the code, pages, etc. from it but I let the domain lapse. I was paying for it (which wasn't much and I didn't mind) and doing pretty much all the work too (which sort of defeats the whole purpose of a wiki and I did mind).

in all fairness, since that time there's been quite a growth in the uke scene featuring a decent amount of people that aren't completely tech-challenged so the same idea may work today.

Hey Joey, very good blog, I joined!!!

Great start on your new blog Joey!! I am a blog junky... I'm following!

Thank you both, just finished making the graphics all fit properly and adding stuff, I have a Video uploading for both here and the first one over there, but tomorrow I must update and then GET ON WITH MY ESSAY!!! I've been distracted by playing Hoa and getting other things sorted :D

Do you have a blog I could follow Carrie?

Hi Joey
Ian Chadwick has a lot of good info on his website. If you are missing anything, you will probably find it there. He has several sections, so take your time exploring.
http://www.ianchadwick.com/ukuleles/index.htm

–Lori

Thank you both, just finished making the graphics all fit properly and adding stuff, I have a Video uploading for both here and the first one over there, but tomorrow I must update and then GET ON WITH MY ESSAY!!! I've been distracted by playing Hoa and getting other things sorted :D

Do you have a blog I could follow Carrie?

yes I do. I am not always good about keeping it up.. but I am trying. http://fitncrafty.blogspot.com

Top Bottom