My first Ukulele arrived damaged...

GKK

Reaction score
I was excited to see the new Ukulele arrive today in the mail.

Then, I suddenly realized that the neck to body joint was separated by a couple of mm and one of the geared tuning screws was stripped into the wood. It was OK though because I called the seller and he said he would send another one out immediately!

The model I bought is a Kala KA-S which looks very nice. I'm going to try and re-glue the joint and fix the stripped screw.

I can't wait to play a real Ukulele instead of the plastic tourist one my son bought in Hawaii. :)

Welcome to UU, GKK!

Then, I suddenly realized that the neck to body joint was separated by a couple of mm and one of the geared tuning screws was stripped into the wood. It was OK though because I called the seller and he said he would send another one out immediately!

The model I bought is a Kala KA-S which looks very nice. I'm going to try and re-glue the joint and fix the stripped screw.
The seller is sending you a replacement, so don't you have to send the damaged one back? If so, I wouldn't attempt any repairs on it.

Welcome to the Club!

Aloha GKK,
Welcome to the UU and our humble forums.....sorry to hear about the damaged uke, glad to hear the seller sending another one...Ahh the wait again...Congrats on your purchase of the Kala soprano, have fun
and enjoy!!! Happy Strummings!! MM Stan

Last edited:
Thanks, for the welcome everyone!

I asked the seller if he wanted me to send the Ukulele back but, he said, "it's no good now".
I won't name the seller since I don't want to give him a bad rep. He sounded like a very nice man though.

Last edited:
I asked the seller if he wanted me to send the Ukulele back but, he said, "it's no good now".

I won't name the seller since I don't want to give him a bad rep. He sounded like a very nice man though.
Well, if he offered to send you another and doesn't want the original back, he may be giving good customer service, but he's a poor businessman. He should want to see what the problem was and contact his supplier/distributor about any issues.

Was the packaging damaged in any way? If so, that could possibly explain the neck issue, but certainly not the tuning screws.

Why don't you want to tell us who it is? Frankly, him being a nice guy is one thing, but I'd rather not deal with someone who sends out ukes with serious quality control problems.

Kalas may not be the top of the line, but they have a good reputation for being decent for the price. I have a Kala tenor thinline and think it's an excellent instrument. :)

How disappointing to wait for you uke and then have it be damaged. Hope you get your next one soon.

Aloha GKK, welcome to UU. Glad to hear they will send you another uke. Happy strumming.

The ukulele was packed in a thin cardboard box with "Fragile" stickers all over it but, USPS still wasn't careful with it. I emailed pictures of the damage to the seller as he requested. He emailed me back saying, he sent another Uke out Asap. Now that's customer service!

Shame about your uke. But the seller made it right, replacing with a new right away and not wanting the damaged one back. Nice customer service.

Kala makes some good entry level ukes. Enjoy...it won't be long before you find yourself upgrading!

The ukulele was packed in a thin cardboard box with "Fragile" stickers all over it but, USPS still wasn't careful with it. I emailed pictures of the damage to the seller as he requested.
instant karma moment.
He emailed me back saying, he sent another Uke out Asap. Now that's customer service!
you know that's good news. glad everything worked out for you! :)

Top Bottom