Accompany instruments

joelele

Reaction score
I have some good news, I have finally found a Ukulele supplier.
In a small town called Dalton in Furness which is my neighbouring town.

Dalton-in-Furness_UK.Market_St.jpg

As I was walking through Dalton I passed the shop which was closed but I had to look in the window and mooch in.

It's a small shop called The Violin Shop.

dscf1881.jpg

Unfortunately the shop was closed, the ukulele was staring at me. I wanted to buy the Ukulele right their and then. However all I could do was take the phone number in the window.

The man who owns the shop is great, he fixed a friend of mines guitar and gave him the tool which fixed it. When my friend asked him how much he wanted the shop owner answered...

"Nothing, I don't do this for the money. I just love it"

The ukulele is the one I have been looking at online.

I was going to set off walking this morning to buy it when I had a call from the shop owner and he has to close the shop for the day and now I have to wait until Tuesday until it re-opens.

Help, I need my Ukulele NOOOOOOW!!!!

Sorry, it's completely un-related but I forgot to add which instruments do you have fin combining with the Ukulele!????

Last edited:
howdy Joel

wow that's a beautiful, rustic looking town mate, and a beautiful shopfront. Just love it. Don't s'pose you took a snap of the uke that's won your heart did you? What kind is it?

Anyway, that sounds like the kind of shop I'd want to do business with and an owner who is clearly doing it out of a passion for music. gee, sounds like you can't go wrong.

Tuesday...aaah, you'll be right mate. The waiting is a challenge but the other side of the coin is how wonderful to have something to look forward to, eh!!! Cheers! :)

Sorry, it's completely un-related but I forgot to add which instruments do you have fin combining with the Ukulele!????

Accordion.

JJ

Instrument to accompany the uke? Voice of course.

Nice pictures and what sweet agony to have to wait until Tuesday for your new uke.

Aloha Joe,
Thanks for the pic's and the telling us where you live....it's beautiful man, like Eugene said nice rustic town....how cool and the shop too....
I like those type of shop where they're nice and give you excellent individual customer service..miss that type of shops as they are slowly disappearing..
too bad you didn't have any photo's of the inside...I would be glad to patronize those type of shops.. No worries, its only a weekend, the wait on
shipping is more excruciating..but I definetly know what you mean...I like the uke with bass, guitar, lap steel....Have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings! MM Stan

P.S. wish more members can send pic's of their town and music shops....that would be soo cool!!

That's the Lake District, which manages to be both civilisation and wilderness at once. And has inspired some of the best English poets in history.

Erm, Dalton In Furness is NOT in the Lake District. Cumbria yes, but not the Lakes

Thats right Paul.
Dalton isn't the Lake District. The start of lake district national park is Lowick.
Dalton is a neighboring town on the fringe of the Southern lake district. Still, a lovely little place.

Joe

Instruments we play to accompany the uke?
My wife plays stand up bass. I play guitar, banjo,fiddle,drums,a bit of mandolin. We both sing. Sometimes good, sometimes not. We are front porch players and in it for the fun.

Likewise. I make music for fun!
I'm a circus performer and magician by day however I plan to bring music in to my performances. Share the music!!

I perform as a street clown!

So far: electric keyboard, bass guitar (electric), guitar, tenor banjo (yuck), and other ukuleles. I'd love to play with a fiddle, cello, upright bass, steel drums, maybe even mouth harp or accordion or flute.

Likewise. I make music for fun!
I'm a circus performer and magician by day however I plan to bring music in to my performances. Share the music!!

I perform as a street clown!

Show us a pic with your clown personna, what is your clown name?

Top Bottom