Sharing

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Again, not specifically Uke related, but wanted to share with you guys.

Last night, my daughter got to sing with a popular Christian Rock band last night. She didn't play but at least they got to hear her vocals. Here she is the morning after the concert sporting her T-Shirt given to her from "Building 429" (The Band), and her souvineer drumstick. This was her first concert, and she was estatic, and had the time of her life with the band. The guys spent some time with her giving her guitar tips and pointers, and huge encurragement to stay with her music because she's got "It". I will share some more pictures of her with the band when they get processed.

179397_198256163523515_100000173975723_840185_1084409_n.jpg

Last edited:
Man there are some great things happening in your household brother. Thanks for sharing this awesome stuff with us mate. It's precious. :)

Thanks you guys.. I am a much more blessed man than I have ever known. I am so proud of my daughter. She is such an awesome kid, and I can not imagine my life without her in it. She was a late in life suprize to me and my wife. I don't like to say "mistake" because God does not make mistakes. He knows what he is doing, and my daughter has been such a blessing to the wife and myself. In her young life, she has always blessed so many people, and has made huge impacts on many already. She is quite the little "preacher" too, hahhah... I am pretty sure she is going to go places in some sort of ministry including music and helping other kids with problems. I see it already in her young 13 years.

It was funny the other night. She came into our bedroom with her Bible open, and out of the blue, started preaching to me and the wife, lol.. But, I just muted the TV laid there smiling and feeling how blessed we are.

I am also looking for a stripped shell of a Gibson Les Paul, because she has shown interests not only playing guitars, but knowing them inside and out, and wanting to build one, and be a guitar tech. So, now I am looking for a torn down Gibson so we can build up her perfect axe to her specs. Who knows, she may end up a Luthier someday too, hahhah..

Aloha Tudorp,
I can see why you're such a proud papa...she's talented, beautiful, and filled with God's love...You sure have been blessed!!!!
Music at your house must be so fun and her friend must come over and jam too eh!! does pop join in too....he he....
I hope you find that gibson to fix up!! It will be a nice project for the both of you with cool memories....Thanks for sharing!!
Happy Strummings Gang!!! Take Care and God's Blessings! MM Stan

Yeah, she has a girlfriend that plays the bass and comes over a bit. She likes me to show her tips on Bass stuff too which I love to do to help any kid interested in music. They laugh when they are jamming, and I break in with one of the Ukes jaming with them. But my daughter chimes in and tells them "don't laugh, my dads good with a Uke too!!' hahhah. WAY too much credit for me, but I love it. And many kids want me to show them something on the Uke too, so thats why I seek out so many ukes, because I love doing it, and then if I see a "spark" in their eye with the Uke, I love the smile on their face when I tell them to take it with them and keep practicing.

BTW: somebody mentioned Dualing banjos the other day. Me and the daughter gets laughs when we battle that together with her on her Les Paul, and me on the Banjole, hahha..

We have fun with it..

That is sooo cool, like someone else said, it's great that you support her love of music so much. Thanks for sharing :D

Thanks you guys.. I am a much more blessed man than I have ever known. I am so proud of my daughter. She is such an awesome kid, and I can not imagine my life without her in it. She was a late in life suprize to me and my wife. I don't like to say "mistake" because God does not make mistakes. He knows what he is doing, and my daughter has been such a blessing to the wife and myself. In her young life, she has always blessed so many people, and has made huge impacts on many already. She is quite the little "preacher" too, hahhah... I am pretty sure she is going to go places in some sort of ministry including music and helping other kids with problems. I see it already in her young 13 years.

It was funny the other night. She came into our bedroom with her Bible open, and out of the blue, started preaching to me and the wife, lol.. But, I just muted the TV laid there smiling and feeling how blessed we are.

I am also looking for a stripped shell of a Gibson Les Paul, because she has shown interests not only playing guitars, but knowing them inside and out, and wanting to build one, and be a guitar tech. So, now I am looking for a torn down Gibson so we can build up her perfect axe to her specs. Who knows, she may end up a Luthier someday too, hahhah..

:love::):love:

you are wrapped in the arms of love my brother

Thanks for sharing. It is so wonderful to hear how proud you are and involved you are with your family. She sounds like a very special young lady.

Tudorp:

What a fine young woman she must be. Isn't it fun to see them grow up and become people of their own? And daughters do love their daddy's, if we do it right. Looks like you are, and I'm glad for your family.

And in praise of daughters, I'm a proud daddy too. If you visit NYC, especially with children, go see my daughter Julia in her off-broadway debut. A very sweet show called Freckleface Strawberry:

www.frecklefacethemusical.com

Tudorp, thanks for giving me the chance to sing her praises a bit too! As one daddy to another, I know you understand!

Tudorp:

What a fine young woman she must be. Isn't it fun to see them grow up and become people of their own? And daughters do love their daddy's, if we do it right. Looks like you are, and I'm glad for your family.

And in praise of daughters, I'm a proud daddy too. If you visit NYC, especially with children, go see my daughter Julia in her off-broadway debut. A very sweet show called Freckleface Strawberry:

www.frecklefacethemusical.com

Tudorp, thanks for giving me the chance to sing her praises a bit too! As one daddy to another, I know you understand!

Yup I do.. Be proud of her, and yell it from a mountain top my friend. ;) Your kid's successes, are also yours.. Just sayin..

As promised, here are a few of the pictures taken of Casey (My daughter) behind the stage with some personal time with the bands.

This was her and the guitarist from "Building 429" showing her some "tricks of the trade" on his Les Paul. When he heard she also played a Les Paul, he swooped her up and sat her down for some trade secrets. She was beside herself over the the attention she was getting from the guys. They were awesome with her, and really got her on fire to keep her music going for a lifetime.
179621_198918863457245_100000173975723_846676_4082722_n.jpg

This was her at the autograph table with the band "33 Miles" who also played that night.
167557_198918886790576_100000173975723_846677_2238098_n.jpg

Casey back stage hanging out with the band and her favorite of the night "Building 429". They dragged her around like a mascot, and she ate every second of it up. They all were stunned at her vocal talent and the power that came out of that little thang, lol. And was pretty impressed when she snagged up one of their guitars and played for them back stage.

179343_198920843457047_100000173975723_846687_5310712_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom