"Who Takes Care Of The Caretaker's Daughter (While The Caretaker's Busy Takin Care?)"

H

Hippie Dribble

"Who Takes Care Of The Caretaker's Daughter (While The Caretaker's Busy Takin Care?)"

g'day gang

this was a song written in 1925 by Chick Endor and first performed by Cliff Edwards (Ukulele Ike) in the musical comedy 'Lady, Be Good'. Another one of those all-time classic song titles!

I recorded it at home on a BeanSprout concert banjo-ukulele, using a twisted up coathanger for a kazoo rack :eek:

this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBamQfbVak

Hope you get a smile out of it. Thanks for checking it out! :uhoh:

Aloha Eugene,
Sweet brother!!! just love dat banjo sound...you go bro!!!!way to go!!! btw Love the bow tie and Kazoo too...
Believe me it made my morning and I really like that banjo ukuleles sound...Never seen or heard that Beansprout banjo Uke
before, gee now I want one....where did you get that one...Sweet...Thanks for sharing!! Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Last edited:
g'day Stan

I got that one off Heidi Litke at beansprout. It's really pretty and so loud it's ridiculous. I was trying to strum really quiet and sing louder but still couldn't get my voice to cut through!

Thanks for making a comment mate, I really appreciate your encouragement. :eek:

You're alway's great. Thanks for posting your stuff. I never notice you reading lyrics or chords. You're the man I want to be!!!
DAP

You're alway's great. Thanks for posting your stuff. I never notice you reading lyrics or chords. You're the man I want to be!!!
DAP

cheers DAP. No, I don't like to read the chords and lyrics if I can help it mate. Guess I'd rather learn the song beforehand so's I can get into it properly and not be distracted.

Always reckon your performance is more natural if you know the song pretty well first....for me anyway.

Thanks again mate, appreciate your encouragment heaps....it's all pretty scary, this youtube business!!!

That's a fun old song, nice to hear that banjo uke sound - thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom