nid help understanding these two symbols in scoresheet...how shall i pick it?

minnieys

Reaction score
hi
sorry if these sounds easy to answer cause i am still quite newb at reading tabs and all that

http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Falling-Slowly.pdf

can anyone kindly help me out with this

after the picking the first note x32x then there is some mini halfbox to a xxx0, what does that mean?

secondly
if u notice from the second line, there is a arrow sign pointing upwards at 022x,what does that mean to

thanks for helping, and pardon for my atrocious english

after the picking the first note x32x then there is some mini halfbox to a xxx0, what does that mean?
The "halfbox" at the bottom is a duration indicator. The song is in 4/4 tempo, meaning four beats of one count each to every bar. That halfbox bar indicates there are two notes on one beat, so that each note in it gets a half beat (eighth note). This is used in standard notation and a lot of tabs use it as well.

if u notice from the second line, there is a arrow sign pointing upwards at 022x,what does that mean to
It indicates a strum as opposed to all of the notes being plucked at once. The arrow indicates which direction to strum. Even though the arrow is pointing up, it means you strum downwards, because that's the way tab is written. The notes at the bottom of the tab staff (lowest line) correspond to the strings closest to your face and the ones at the top are the closest to your feet as you hold your uke. So that "up" arrow means you strum from your face to your feet.

Top Bottom