Rugby teams

ItsMrPitchy

Reaction score
I am pretty certain rugby isnt popular in America. But if you follow rugby what team do you support. Me i support Worcester warriors.

I'm a fan of the All blacks. Btw northern california has a large rugby community. The majority of USA rugby players come from northern California. The reason is simple, lots of pacific islanders have moved to northern California.

Never knew about northern California having a big rugby community. Guess you learn something new everyday. Are you looking foward to the six nations? Ill be supporting England as usual despite us usually not having much success in the six nations. Oh well we always pull something out are sleeves for the world cup.

Any team playing against Australia or England :D

As for Seven's rugby (topical - it's on here in Wellington this coming weekend), I've been impressed by how far the USA's team has come... they were a minnow team that we mocked several years ago with renditions of "America! F*ck Yeah!", but now they've stepped right up. They're still a second tier team but give them a few more years and they have the potential to be dangerous IMHO. Will always have a soft spot for the Argies though.

Either way, the rest of the rugby watching world wishes the Poms would stop singing "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" :)

Last edited:
I'm Welsh so by nature I support my homeland sides. However I love sport and always acknowledge other teams skill and effort. I tend to support the side that play with the most effort whether that side wins or loses. Example, if England perform well against France but loose I will support England in their next game. If England deserved a drubbing I would acknowledge France untill they failed to display flair.
I am really fickle about the whole thing but I do want to be entertained by good sport and great competition.

I support Racing club Toulon because they play sometimes in my town and they have spectacular players with Wilkinson , Contempomi , Hayman , Sackey , Van Niekerk and others .

Natal Sharks, Scotland, South Africa. 3 great loves of mine. But more importantly, I love the game itself. I hurt my neck as a schoolboy and so was never much of a player, but I would watch any two sides playing the game. I also refereed in Scotland for a couple of seasons but work got in the way.

Being in the south west of France, HUGE rugby region, I must support the local team, Biarritz Olympique even though my bfriend supports a team in a town only 4 miles away, l'Aviron Bayonnais (he wants me add that they are both French Premiere League!)

On an international level, I support France (of course) and the All Blacks have a soft spot in ly heart. But my bfriend, being Irish will support Ireland (and wants me to add that they beat Australia last week!)

What a nosy bfriend who disctates my replies!!!! ;)

Gloucester and Ireland fan, but I'm betting on New Zealand for the World Cup :)

Top Bottom