Ukulele Underground University...

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a deadline to sign up for this? It starts In February?

Anyone else signing up? which course? curious who I may go to school with! :)

I am such a newbie playing about 5 months... I think I am just going to start at the beginning and see where it takes me.

I didn't realize this was available. How do you sign up? I've been playing about 4-5 months too so this could be fun fitncrafty!

I think I want to do it but I will be travelling for most of March so I hope I can download the videos. Also since I am in a weird time zone.

Does anyone know if there is a deadline to sign up for this? It starts In February?

I am such a newbie playing about 5 months... I think I am just going to start at the beginning and see where it takes me.

I'd love to do it too, but alas, $150 is just too much for me right now...but maybe in the future :D Let us know how it goes :D

You can sign up on the main page of ukulele underground.com. They have complete details about what each course will teach. I am starting at 101 because some of the things in there I don't know how to do...

let me know if you sign up and we will be able to chat about it.

@misty It does say that you can watch recorded videos if you pay for the full 10 weeks.

Maybe I will see some of you there!

Thanks! I think I will do it! I have been doing the boot camp and some other books and easy songs so far. So fun and instant gratification. :)

Hey people,

It took me a good week to decide which course to enrol in but I ended up going with 102 as I have been playing on and off for the last 2.5yrs but every day since November.
Once you sign up you get access to recordings of previous lessons. I have already done the first 2 lessons and I'm really impressed with the quality of the teaching. Cant wait to get started live. I'm glad I went for 102 and would recommend this unless you are a complete beginner.

Cheers

Hey people,

It took me a good week to decide which course to enrol in but I ended up going with 102 as I have been playing on and off for the last 2.5yrs but every day since November.
Once you sign up you get access to recordings of previous lessons. I have already done the first 2 lessons and I'm really impressed with the quality of the teaching. Cant wait to get started live. I'm glad I went for 102 and would recommend this unless you are a complete beginner.

Cheers

Thanks. I will have to rethink where to start. I have been playing about 5 months now. Not well. and still can not do a lot of the stuff in 101 which is why I figured I would start at the beginning. I sent an email to the staff about 2 weeks ago asking an opinion on where to start but didn't get a response.. sigh...
Thanks for the tips...
I guess I need to figure out where to start...

Would love to do this with you, but right now, with only working part-time, I just can't handle forking over the money. Would be nice though. Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks. I will have to rethink where to start. I have been playing about 5 months now. Not well. and still can not do a lot of the stuff in 101 which is why I figured I would start at the beginning. I sent an email to the staff about 2 weeks ago asking an opinion on where to start but didn't get a response.. sigh...
Thanks for the tips...
I guess I need to figure out where to start...

I think the UU guys are pretty busy and judging by the number of people on these forums they probably get inundated with emails maybe send a polite reminder.

I chose 102 because I knew 3/4 of the material in 101 and and the things I didn't know like chunking were covered in the uke minutes/lessons and I have now learnt to chunk that way.

If you watch the introductory videos about the courses 101 is seems to be targeted at someone who has never picked up a ukulele if you have been playing 5 months and you know basic strumming etc I would go for 102

I have signed up for the 101 course. I think I have a lot of the 101 material covered, but figured it would be a good foundation. I have been playing since Nov.

Top Bottom