Tendon injuries

ichadwick

Reaction score
Anyone here ever had any tendon injuries? I popped a tendon off a left knuckle (2nd finger) this weekend and it's a right painful thing. I've splinted it up but it makes the uke a tough gig - three fingers only for chording.

Not sure how long these things last - don't think it's serious, but if it's like most PIP injuries, it probably needs a splint for a few weeks to recover properly, and a regimen of anti-inflammatories.

Sigh. Just when I was almost getting good enough to be mediocre...

Anyone here ever had any tendon injuries? I popped a tendon off a left knuckle (2nd finger) this weekend and it's a right painful thing. I've splinted it up but it makes the uke a tough gig - three fingers only for chording.

Not sure how long these things last - don't think it's serious, but if it's like most PIP injuries, it probably needs a splint for a few weeks to recover properly, and a regimen of anti-inflammatories.

Sigh. Just when I was almost getting good enough to be mediocre...

I ripped the tendons off the bones in two of my fingers. I couldn't straighten my fingers on that hand without help. The doctor splinted it up and told me to keep it like that for 2-3 weeks.

I ripped the tendons off the bones in two of my fingers. I couldn't straighten my fingers on that hand without help. The doctor splinted it up and told me to keep it like that for 2-3 weeks.

No uke for 2-3 weeks?! Scary...

Yikes!
Thankfully I haven't done anything like that.
Though last week I cut my left index finger deep with a paring knife in the restaurant (where I work) kitchen.
Of course while cutting lemons too for that lil' extra burn!

Took a few days before I could uke again!
So I played DS, tee hee...

Several years ago I broke my right thumb and tore a bunch of stuff around my thumb and wrist. I had to wear a split for 9 months. It was a long time to not have an opposable thumb. And I'm right handed. :(

Playing the ukulele has been really good physical therapy for me! :nana:

wow, does that mean you were celebate too? bummer. :(

was playing football on saturday, 100kg islander running my way and i was on the try line, me being not big i usually tackle low but he would have scored, so i went high and my friend put a hit on him next to me and he landed on my hand... and i broke 1 of the bones from my wrist to my finger.

wasnt playing ukulele at the time though :D although i never got it fixed, now i have a missing knuckle.

Top Bottom