WTB: Compass Rose tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
Looking for a good, used Compass Rose tenor, any body thinking about selling one?

Good luck Doc
I have a walnut Compass Rose, strung with a low G. I love it!

Boy, didn't realize they were selling for so much! I love mine, low G tuning too. If you're feeling flush, PM me.

Thanks for info, everyone. Seems there are several new Compass Rose tenors around, in a variety of woods.
MGM has a couple too.

Prediction: They won't be dropping in price any time soon.:wallbash:

Good luck in your search!

I don't see those on his site???

The list price just went up on them, btw.

Mike has more ukes available than what he has listed on his ebay site.

The folks at Renaissance Guitar sent me the 2011 Compass Rose price list (they start at $1195). Yes, bummer about the price jump, but they have to make a living, too. Renaissance can also do custom orders, direct or through one of their dealers.

Last edited:
I have one on order. I got in right before the price increase. If I had know MGM had them, I would have gotten one from him.

I asked the Renaissance folks about dealers and the pointed me to MGM and Sylvan.

MGM had 3 of the CR ukes and Sylvan had 2. I ended up getting one I really liked from Mike, and it should arrive tomorrow! :)

That is a real beauty. Schweet!

I asked the Renaissance folks about dealers and the pointed me to MGM and Sylvan.

MGM had 3 of the CR ukes and Sylvan had 2. I ended up getting one I really liked from Mike, and it should arrive tomorrow! :)

Did you get the Compass Rose yet? If so, how is it?

Got it last night. The Compass Rose is AWESOME, even better live than in MGM's video.
I thought my Kanilea was nice in low g, until I got this. Clearly, this is the nicest uke I have.

With the floating fretboard the upper bout can resonant with the lower bout. The sustain is unbelieveable. Very even volume across the strings, with clear notes. The Aquila strings work well on it.

Workmanship is 2nd to none.

I am very happy with it.

C'mon Doc, what do you really think! I hear you, mines' a keeper too. I use low G Worth Browns on mine, sweet tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom