View Full Version : Quick Question Regarding Tuning Peg Buttons

01-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Don't know exactly what they're called... but I'm trying to source some metal tuner peg buttons. I'm talking about the thing that is either made of plastic or metal that the tuning machine peg goes through on the face of the head of the instrument. Mine are made of plastic, but most slightly more expensive instruments have buttons made of metal and I would like to upgrade to avoid the otherwise inevitable wear through that has occurred on my other uke. Thanks.

Vic D
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure how interchangeable the buttons are between brands. I'm betting someone will jump in asking you to show a photo of your tuners though. As far as metal buttons go, those Gotoh Stealths have major mojo in my opinion. They're very pricey too.

01-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Hi aMawds

I think they are called bushings? See Stewart-Mac


To get one, you need the diameter of the existing hole and the diameter of the tuner shaft. The thickness of the headstock should not matter as long as it's oonger than the bushing.


01-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Awesome, thanks very much! I searched the stewmac site but didn't find anything. I guess I just didn't search the right names, thanks.