a blizzard and a ukulele

freckleduker

Reaction score
There's a blizzard on its way and I'm working tonight. So I've packed my overnight bag, my laptop and my uke. I caught grief, and laughter, from my husband about it. He just doesn't get it. What better way to spend a snowed in night at the hospital than watching UU vids and strumming away?

Have a good day, AND night.

Im in Chicago and we are expecting 2 FEET of snow in the next two day so the way I look at it, blizzard equals quality practice time! Stay safe, its supposed to be a wicked storm.

Aloha Freckleduker,
It obious that he's not a uker, so he'll not understand... I hope it is contagious enough so he starts playing and the light bulb goes on.. then he'll feel like a......... hehe Happy Strummings, MM Stan
Hope the blizzard comes late so you can get home safely.....Take Care and God's Blessings!!!

Yes I'm hoping he gets ukelitis as well. Then I can buy more without his grumblings. Its raining ice now but a lil ice n snow wont stop me from strumming.

I don't get that mentality and I'm glad I don't have to live with it. What instruments are real and which aren't? What are the criteria? What musical education and/or skill level does he have on which to base the judgement? I couldn't stand that back in my opera days either.. judgements passed by critics who could never sing a single note on what is and isn't proper, what should and shouldn't be. People with way more talent than me couldn't stand it either, but somehow they put it with it anyway, or took no notice.

But yeah, that kind of judgement really grinds my gears and always has. Is it part of why I chose uke? I'd like to think not....

Hopefully one day your husband will be more supportive. :(

Im in Chicago and we are expecting 2 FEET of snow in the next two day so the way I look at it, blizzard equals quality practice time! Stay safe, its supposed to be a wicked storm.

I'm up in Rockford. We're suppose to get up to 20", but some don't think we're going to get more than 12". I'm hoping to get snowed in on Wednesday. Sit and play all day :D

I don't get that mentality and I'm glad I don't have to live with it. What instruments are real and which aren't? What are the criteria? What musical education and/or skill level does he have on which to base the judgement? I couldn't stand that back in my opera days either.. judgements passed by critics who could never sing a single note on what is and isn't proper, what should and shouldn't be. People with way more talent than me couldn't stand it either, but somehow they put it with it anyway, or took no notice.

But yeah, that kind of judgement really grinds my gears and always has. Is it part of why I chose uke? I'd like to think not....

Hopefully one day your husband will be more supportive. :(

He's not too bad about it. I chalk it up to him being cheap. If I could buy a uke for $5 he wouldn't care. But there are people at work who are like what you mentioned. I really don't take to heart their opinions since they mean nothing. I'm pretty laid back and follow the beat of my own drum anyway so no one. Can tell me otherwise.

Yes I'm hoping he gets ukelitis as well. Then I can buy more without his grumblings. Its raining ice now but a lil ice n snow wont stop me from strumming.
I think when he hears the nice music you make with the little uke he'll come around. or show him a Jake vid. :)
DAP

I wouldn't wish that on him because then he will be buying them for himself and taking yours to boot! Ha! Hope it is a quiet night for you,

Hope you packed some hot chocolate, as well!

Grand Haven will be in the storm's path Tuesday through Wednesday. I'm hoping for a 'snow day' filled with playing my uke, reading, and, lots of shoveling.

Live, love, laugh, uke - yes!!

Hope you packed some hot chocolate, as well!

Grand Haven will be in the storm's path Tuesday through Wednesday. I'm hoping for a 'snow day' filled with playing my uke, reading, and, lots of shoveling.

Live, love, laugh, uke - yes!!

I believe the hospital will be providing the hot chocolate for us - or at least we can hope. ;)

A blizzard with a uke is better than a blizzard without.

Yep.... I'm in Oshkosh and I know south of here (Milwaukee area), the last forecast I heard was 24"-29" when all is said and done by Wednesday afternoon.

Stay safe, everyone!!

Top Bottom