Nothing like meeting a fellow uker for the first time

haolejohn

Reaction score
If you have not had the chance to meet up with a fellow uker yet, you need to. My wife and I drove 3 hours (180 miles) this past saturday to meet up with a fellow UUer and talk ukuleles and play some ukuleles. It was an exciting journey.

We met at a Panera bread right off of I-385 in Greenville, SC and we got many compliments about our playing as well as many curious looks. The best was when we were asked if we were in a band and we informed them that we had just met for the first time. We later went to Falls Park (the fall line) and we enjoyed strumming in a little common area just off the waterfalls. Got many mopre folks stopping to enjoy the sweet sound of the uke (unless they were stopping to look at our dogs).

Anyways, if you are ever given the chance to meet a fellwo uker, try not to pass it up.

Aloha John,
That's a nice story and sounds like you and wife had a great time...Thanks for sharing and the advice...Happy Strummings!! BTW...isn't your expected arrivial coming soon!!! Congratulations too!! MM Stan....

I get to meet some fellow ukers from UU this upcoming weekend in Denver.

The Denver Uke Fest.

Good for you! I had the opportunity to meet a fellow UUer a last year and we still meet a few times a month to play together.
Ukers are great, UUers are the cream of the crop!
DAP

It's not really possible to meet any UUers, but getting together with local players is great. If only they didn't announce jams at the last second... on a weekday... in a noisy pub... in the city center where parking is but a myth... but they're amazingly talented, and it's worth it whenever it's at all possible. :/

Greenville, that would be sorta near Dad's favorite food hangout. Is The Beacon (in the Spartanburg area) still around?

I organise the local Ukulele Club and we meet up
every two weeks.Its great just to hear and to play
with other ukers,and hear some amazing vocals!

I organise the local Ukulele Club and we meet up
every two weeks.Its great just to hear and to play
with other ukers,and hear some amazing vocals!

It really is. We have two local meetups that happen weekly (but bi-weekly) for each side of ATL but this trip was a special 3 hour trip.

Great story - thanks for sharing it. You've made me even more excited about braving some bitter cold to meet up with UUers in Denver this weekend :)

Great story - thanks for sharing it. You've made me even more excited about braving some bitter cold to meet up with UUers in Denver this weekend :)

it is so worth it. Once you get those connections down, it becomes contagious.

Top Bottom