A New Uker is Born!

mendel

Reaction score
One of my students came up to me this morning and told me that he was inspired by me playing the Uke before and after school so much that he went out and bought an entry-level Kala Uke this weekend. He said he hasn't put it down since. He is very excited about it. I am Psyched to have inspired a kid to learn about something that could truly change his life for the better. I wanted to share.

Mendel

One of my students came up to me this morning and told me that he was inspired by me playing the Uke before and after school so much that he went out and bought an entry-level Kala Uke this weekend. He said he hasn't put it down since. He is very excited about it. I am Psyched to have inspired a kid to learn about something that could truly change his life for the better. I wanted to share.

Mendel

It is always a great thing to do. You should start a uke cluba t your school. UkeRepublic has a very good uke club package that no one was able to touch when i started the uke club at my old school.

Every year for three years now, we have had 35 or more kids sign up for uke club. It truly is a good feeling.

Thas what it's all about brudda.. Ask him to join us here too..

That's awesome Mendel.. and as an educator I am sure that you know the research on kids and music! Wahoo!!! it wont be long and you will have a uke club at school! (or at least string jam!)

Thats great. We should all try and get 1 new person introduced into a uke like you have.

That sounds like a great plan. I'll start working on it today!

Great job! I just started playing myself but I have such a passion for this instrument that I go out of my way to introduce it to everyone.

Aloha Mendel,
Isn't it a nice feeling when you can inspire anyone in anything and they develop a passion for it...as an educator's point of view, isn't that your purpose or goals....good going brother!! Happy Strummings! MM Stan.

Lucky you, you found a self inspired uker.

I got some laggers in my family. hehe.

Congrats. That's what teaching is about. I've been inspired by many of my teachers as well. Not necessarily to play ukulele, but in many career and intellectual pursuits. Thanks for your service!

Yeah. I'm really psyched about it. I hope he continues to enjoy it. I told him about the site too. We'll see if he signs up.

Mendel

Well done, M. I teach middle school and bought three dolphins that I have around the classroom for kids to try. They love it.

That is very awesome Mendel. Congrats to you and to the uke'er

Fantastic news mendel. Kids have such a natural attraction to and affinity for the ukulele. Seems they don't carry the baggage that some older folks do.

Hey, you got a jamming partner...soon they'll be stirring him for being the teacher's pet!!!

Sure seems like you're doing some great things as a teacher and now as a uke role model brother :)

I'd be psyched too. Glad you play at the school - teaching by example of the pleasure a little uke can bring.

He came in this morning. I am amazed at how much he has learned, literally overnight.

He came in this morning. I am amazed at how much he has learned, literally overnight.

They surprise you don'tt hey. I had a girl that picked it up and then 3 days later surprised me by playing Happy birthday to me. It literally brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Top Bottom