Need help from all you app-happy audio-videophiles (iPhone, iPod Touch)

uke5417

Reaction score
I've an iPod Touch that I've been shooting live-performance song videos on. I'd love to be able to do the whole shoot/edit/upload process on the Touch, including the adding of multiple audio tracks.

I can nicely layer sound using the Four Track app, and I can do minor video edits and roughly import audio to the Splice or Reel Director apps, but I can't seem to split the audio from the raw video in order to get it into Four Track and make those multiple sound layers happen.

I think I need either a file conversion (.mov to .wav or .aac, which Four Track can handle) app, a video editing app that offers good audio multitracking, a multitracking audio app that accepts .mov files, or a cloud-based file conversion site to go to. I can't seem to find any of these.

I know a workaround would be to move the .mov file to my computer, strip out the audio and then move it back to the iPod, but I'm trying to earn my nerd achievement badge and do it all on the Touch.

but I'm trying to earn my nerd achievement badge and do it all on the Touch.
Maybe you are a nerd notch above the crowd trying to do all this all on your iPod. As you suggested, moving it to your computer to strip the audio out is the only way I know of. Your only hope is to hear from the under 30 crowd. I have done audio recording on computers for a long while but the only handheld device I carry with me is a cell phone.

Where are the whippersnappers when you need them?

Think I figured it out. An app called 1st Video has the capacity to strip out audio and email or soundcloud it. thanks

Where can we find more info?

Top Bottom