Too excited to wait...

MrLarkham

Reaction score
Hello from the UK!

Having played guitar for ages and fancying a change - I've been mulling over a uke for some time. Well...I finally ordered a Mainland Red Cedar Soprano from their site and I'm getting far too excited!

Someone tell me that the wait is worth it so I don't get too impatient and rush out to buy a cheap-o piece of junk to satisfy the excitement! Hopefully won't be much longer now...

Aloha MrLarkham,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele..many guitar and bass converts here, you'll probally catch on quicker with your string experience...sorry to hear about the dreaded wait, we all go through
that..Have Fun and enjoy your Mainland Red Cedar and our Forums..Happy Strummings... MM Stan....

Well worth it - go team Mainland

Welcome and congratulations! I don't have a Mainland but people who do have them love them to pieces, and Mike at Mainland has a great reputation for service and setup. (He also started the "Ukulele Players Against World Suck" group at Kiva.com, which has resulted in thousands of dollars in business loans from the ukulele community to people in poor countries.) Be sure to post photos when your new ukulele arrives!

Welcome and congrats on your new uke!

G'day Mr Larkham

welcomes from Tassie to you mate. Congratulations on your new Mainland soprano...it's well worth the wait. They have a great reputation among members here...great quality uke at a awesome price. I've spent a lot of time playing the Mainland Honeybee soprano and it's a beauty.

I'm sure you'll pick things up very fast having played guitar before. And even more convinced you'll have a ball on the forums. Lots of fun, laughter and learning to be had on the journey.

Cheers mate! :)

aloha Mr Larkham, where abouts in our fine slab o' land do ya come from then? you will find that playing the uke is very 'cool'. (this coming from the coolest person in London - init)

no, we aren't very cool, but you at least spread a smile when you play it!

also, you will find that the Underground is the nicest, most bizarre community you will ever come across.
dans

I don't know if it'll make you feel any better, but I am in the same boat. Waiting on my new baby from Mainland. You are not alone. Only I went with the concert scale. I am very excited!

Congrats and Welcome :D

Don't have a Mainland, but know them through reputation and I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the wait :D

Welcome to the forums too!

Someone tell me that the wait is worth it so I don't get too impatient and rush out to buy a cheap-o piece of junk to satisfy the excitement! Hopefully won't be much longer now...
Sorry Mr Larkham, can't tell you NOT to go out and buy a cheap uke. I will tell you from what I've read here and heard on youtube the wait will be well worth it, them Mainlands is sweet! But, I would encourage you to go get an inexpensive uke cuz you'll want one anyway. It's very likely once you've experienced the the joy of playing a uke you'll want to get one for all your close friends and family. Might aswell get a head start on UAS:D
DAP

Sorry Mr Larkham, can't tell you NOT to go out and buy a cheap uke. I will tell you from what I've read and heard on youtube the wait will be worth it, them Mainlands is sweet! But, I would encourage you to go get an inexpensive uke cuz you'll want one anyway. It's very likely once you've experienced the the joy of playing a uke you'll want to get one for all your close friends and family. Might aswell get a head start on UAS:D
DAP
don't scare the man, DAP! lol
dans

Hope you do't wear out your carpet with all the pacing. The excitement is half the fun, though.

Top Bottom