Slippery Uke

Chap

Reaction score
My Koaloha longneck is a slippery thing, not actually leaping out of my hands (yet), but wanting to shift around.

Picked up a Uke Leash, which has solved the problem for the neck, but I still occasionally have issues with the body wanting to slide.

On one of my less-expensive ukes, I solved this with a strap button and Uke Leash adapter, would it be heresy to do the same to my Koaloha? Or should I just develop a firmer grip?

:biglaugh:I'd button it up. Heresy be damned!

Some people roll up their sleeves, because the skin to uke contact is less slippery than clothes to uke. I have seen strap buttons on KoAlohas... and it is better than dropping it. I don't know if it effects resale value, but if you don't plan to sell it, do what you like.
–Lori

you could pull up your shirt too :) (for more skin contact)

I would button it before it gets away from you and you are sorry you didn't

Ba-dum-tish!

Okay, sounds like I need to apply the strap button, because no one wants to see my belly. :p

I pull my SLEEVE up, not my SHIRT! Nobody wants to see my bare belly, either! I do find, though, if I'm playing long-sleeved, that the uke will start to slip. Once I roll up my right sleeve the problem goes away - the forearm skin-to-uke contact is enough to stop the slip.

I find Hoa slips ALOT, have to tighten my grip I guess!

Top Bottom