I Had A Dream Last Night...

H

Hippie Dribble

man, I just woke up...it's gone 8.30am here in Tasmania and I wanted to share some stuff with you gang. See, I had me this dream last night and it was about the UU and all you awesome guys....

THE DREAM: We were all in this woodland type retreat, a big, open cleared area such as you'd find at a folk festival. We all had our tents and kombi vans and were all camping in this spot together. There was a bright blue river flowing through, and in the middle of it all, was a huuuuuuge 2 storey house, with a labyrinthian kind of set up with what felt like 100 rooms, where different members were all chatting and jamming on their ukes together. It had a beautiful wooden deck that went right around the house. I felt so happy and relaxed; that was the biggest thing for me, cause most of my dreams are bad ones.

The finer details are all a little hazy now, save for some notable exceptions...I got to meet salukulady and Ukeeku who kind of took me under their wing!!! I went for a swim in the river and fishing with Mike from Mainland and Mike from Uke Republic who were awesome guys. I watched fitncrafty dancing to a lilting hawaiian tune that mm stan was softly playing on one of his Kamakas and thought how beautiful it all was...then after that, Matt (thejumpingflea) invited me into this one room and showed me how to play 'Blue Roses Falling', then sold me his custom uke (the new 1879 anuenue Nunes model) for $60!!!! At the end of the day all of us uu'ers made this makeshift stage and were having a concert for each other that night, but of course I woke up then! Other things too but a bit sketchy...

Anyway, just saying how much I love this community and always enjoy the different opinions and personalities here. It's truly awesome and, especially on days when I'm struggling with stuff, it's a real lifeline to me. Thankyou all!!!! :):):)

eugene

So.. When do we leave for the retreat brutha? ;)

Now that is Utopia!!!!!

Sounds a little like the visuals in your videos.. except I haven't seen a river or a 100 room house.. Humm..
Me doing a Hawaiian dance (makes me chuckle a little, the thought of myself in a grass skirt) I think I have a little work to do!!! I have no idea how to dance like that!! Zumba anyone!!

Thanks for sharing your wild dream with us!! Sounds heavenly and I wouldn't have wanted to wake up either!!!

Sounds a little like the visuals in your videos.. except I haven't seen a river or a 100 room house..

Well, it is summer here now...30 degrees c outside, bright sunshine, not a cloud in the sky....Yee Haw!!! Party at my place...you're all invited :)

(Oh, and Carrie, bring your grass skirt mate :uhoh: )

I am ready to gas up my Toyota right now.

Well, it is summer here now...30 degrees c outside, bright sunshine, not a cloud in the sky....Yee Haw!!! Party at my place...you're all invited :)

(Oh, and Carrie, bring your grass skirt mate :uhoh: )

I would scare every one of you if I was wearing a grass skirt! ha ha!! I guess in your crazy dream.. it's all good right!? I guess I will have to stop off in HI and pick one up!

Aloha Eugene,
Wow bruddah, I had my bags and Kamaka packed for the Tasmanian outbacks already.... Man, I like your dreams, We need to make that into reality one day Bro!!!Sounds awesome...a premonation...hmmm
Don't worry fitncrafty, I'll bring the skimpyest one possible for you that I can find..he he....

I would scare every one of you if I was wearing a grass skirt! ha ha!! I guess in your crazy dream.. it's all good right!? I guess I will have to stop off in HI and pick one up!

No worries sista, I'll wear it. Always wanted one of those complete with the coconut bra anyway.. ;)

Darn, I missed it all. That's what I get for being up all night when everyone is sleeping and going to bed before the party starts. Oh, no, I was on the wrong continent. Happy to hear a grand old time was had by all.

OK, here's spooky guy to sum it up.

River means the life force flowing through you.
A house indicates the self. As in "In God's house there are many rooms and there is a room for you" If you search for a room then you are looking for something inside yourself. It looks like you found your room and in that room you were taught to play Ukulele.
It looks to me that it is just confirming that it is your destiny to join in with and learn the International language of Ukulele.

Kushti bok chal.
Docryf

OK, here's spooky guy to sum it up.

River means the life force flowing through you.
A house indicates the self. As in "In God's house there are many rooms and there is a room for you" If you search for a room then you are looking for something inside yourself. It looks like you found your room and in that room you were taught to play Ukulele.
It looks to me that it is just confirming that it is your destiny to join in with and learn the International language of Ukulele.

Kushti bok chal.
Docryf

gee thanks doc. that's really encouraging. It sure was a happy, even joyful dream...very unusual for me whose dreams are usually full of fearful and foreboding atmospherics.

err, except for the bit about the house...100 rooms, eh? hmmm...maybe my multiple personality issues are a tad worse than I'd suspected!!!

As far as learning the uke goes, I'm really excited about that prospect. Like the rest of us I'm really passionate about the beautiful uke and want to keep improving for as long as I play. cheers mate! :eek:

Wow, what a cool dream...I'm all packed, when do I need to leave? :D

I'm in as the snow is falling in Chicago. Anywhere I can see some green vegetation and running water with Ukuleles sounds like paradise right now.

Sounds like an awesome dream. You know what they say dreams sometimes come true, i hope so.

Top Bottom