rolls or rasgueados

Hey,

As for the rolls look on the main site of ukuleleunderground and you'll see the uke minutes. Aldrine teaches how to do the 5 finger roll which IMO is EXCELLENT!! click here to view it
He also shows us the basic roll technique and it can be viewed here
Also ChronosXD on youtube has also made a little tutorial for the rasquedos, you can view it if u click here

Hope it helps

Well it helped me!
I used to watch this spanish dude who showed how to do like 7 different types of rasqueados on youtube for acoustic guitar...wish I still had the link.

Those flamenco players have some intense rasgueado, the really good ones can keep that roll going back and forth indefinitely, like they're doing tremolo on all 6 strings haha. Take it easy on the rasgueado when you're on a steel-string instrument though, it'll scuff up your fingers. I did that a few years back and oddly started getting callouses on the back of my right hand fingers. A bit uncomfortable, thank goodness for moisturizer, but I wouldn't recommend it. Am I the only one this has happened to?

sorry dude, i havent had this issue before.
Hope it didnt take too much time off the uke

No worries, I was just on guitar then anyway. It was probably just me, not to mention the air gets pretty dry as it is here in SoCal.

Top Bottom