Never felt so cool with a uke

ukularwarhead

Reaction score
Yesterday was Monday. Everybody knows Mondays suck, so I decided I would take my uke to school to reduce the suckage. I have never felt so cool walking around campus than I did with a tweed hardshell case in my hand! win

That's great :D I've never taken my ukes out, maybe I should try :D

When I was a kid in high school a couple of the "cool" dudes had 12 string guitars, but most couldn't play them, they just carried them around on their backs.

The little tweed case has so much more chill factor.

nice to see other ukers carrying and playing their ukes all around....makes a nicer day for me...

I always travel with a uke. I flew three times last year, had a uke with me each time. I LOVE the attention the uke gets! Everybody loves to see it. The TSA guy who x-rayed my uke when I was on my way to UWC asked if he could see it - I mean, he's in a position to just open it up for "inspection" and he was like a little kid asking to see a precious treasure. It made me smile - and it made him smile. Ukes make people happy - even if it's just to see them!

Yes ukulele's is super cool. I'm afraid to take mine anywhere I might be asked to play it.
DAP

I had mine on a trip to Dallas last summer. The flight back to LA was over five hours late.
As we sat in the terminal waiting I started playing. In the matter of a few minutes everyone was singing along.
Fortunately I know a lot of sing-a-longs. Anyway with tempers tight and travelers frustrated and tired, pretty soon everyone was all smiles.
The flight crew could not figure out why we were all so mellow as we boarded the plane.
I got a standing ovation when I boarded as I was in one of the last groups.
I recommend traveling with a ukulele and learn lots of sing-a-longs, you just never know.

Yes ukulele's is super cool. I'm afraid to take mine anywhere I might be asked to play it.
DAP

I'm with you DAP... when I go into stores I am terrified but dying to touch the uke's... So I quietly try to squash myself into a corner.. :) Maybe someday I will play loud and proud..

I had mine on a trip to Dallas last summer. The flight back to LA was over five hours late.
As we sat in the terminal waiting I started playing. In the matter of a few minutes everyone was singing along.
Fortunately I know a lot of sing-a-longs. Anyway with tempers tight and travelers frustrated and tired, pretty soon everyone was all smiles.
The flight crew could not figure out why we were all so mellow as we boarded the plane.
I got a standing ovation when I boarded as I was in one of the last groups.
I recommend traveling with a ukulele and learn lots of sing-a-longs, you just never know.

Okay, have to ask:

your top 5 sing alongs, please!

I know the feeling. It seems like 75% of musically inclined college students play guitar; it's nice to be different (and awesome!).

I know the feeling. It seems like 75% of musically inclined college students play guitar; it's nice to be different (and awesome!).
In high school is around 80-90% with 3 uke players in all 4 grades and only me playing it as a primary instrument there just used for a break from guitar by the other 2 :p

Have one with me almost all the time, just in case I have a chance to play a bit.

DAP

Go for it. The smile factor is a constant!

Okay, have to ask:

your top 5 sing alongs, please!

Five Foot Two (the ukulele national anthem)
Ain't She Sweet
Sweet Georgia Brown
Side By Side
You Are My Sunshine (I believe we are born knowing this song)
Hey Good Looking (another one everybody seems to know)

I can play a couple hundred songs, most of them familiar if not known.

Top Bottom