Just got a Tiki Flea Uke for $59!!!!

PedalFreak

Reaction score
Check out the GuitarCenter.com used section from time to time. I check it everyday :D Today I was surprised when I typed in "ukulele" in the search function, and near the top under 'Just Received' was a Flea M42 Tiki Ukulele w/ Gigbag, for $59!!!

I called immediately, and the first guy said I think that just sold. Then he checked and came back and said they had it. Told me that there were no scratches, chips, said the action was good, and the gigbag looked mint.

WooHoo!!!

Now does anyone know what the M42 is? Soprano Tiki is M30. Is this a Concert Flea?

I'm jealous, good for you! Great score.
DAP

WOW...what a sweet deal!!!!
Congrats!!!

Jealous!
I've thought about getting a Fluke / Flea but they are kind of expensive... A $60 one would be great though!
Nice Score!
Please let us know if it is as good a deal as we all think it is when you get it.

Good for you! I thought I had a good deal on my Fluke, but you sure won the prize on this Flea!

Don't know about a 42, but my concert Flea is an M40 designation. Great deal you got.

This deal is actually getting better. I had thought it would be a soprano Tiki. But just found out that it is a Concert, and the 2 in 42 designates a Rosewood Fretboard!!!

Looked it up, it's $313 new!!!

Jealous!
I've thought about getting a Fluke / Flea but they are kind of expensive... A $60 one would be great though!
Nice Score!
Please let us know if it is as good a deal as we all think it is when you get it.

Yeah, I'll post here when it comes in. I can return it if I get it and it's tore up. We shall see :)

Aloha PedalFreak,
Congrats on the good score, Have fun and enjoy!! Happy strummings...MM Stan

That's a really sweet deal. Enjoy.

Gee, that's about what I figure a plastic uke should sell for new... <Grin, Duck, and Run Like Heck>

Seriously, good job - and at a Guitar Center no less!

People like to bash GC, but when they want to get rid of something, they often slash it to the bone. I bought a $300+ koa Cordoba acoustic/electric uke there last year for $100, but when I got it home I found it had more cracks than i had noticed. I played it for a few weeks, and took it back just under the deadline for returns. Unfortunately the damn thing gave me the bug to get an electric one, so I had to install a pickup in my tenor when I got it.

Makes me wish we had a GC here in Hawaii (all of the effects on our much beloved local shops aside.) Awesome buy! I'd have snatched that one up in a second too!

Dude you lucky bugger! GC does have great deals from time to time I'm not gonna lie

Just got back from the local Guitar Center. They couldn't ship it to me b/c I only have a PO attached to my credit card, and they don't ship to PO Boxes. So they had to ship it to my local GC.

The fretboard needs a little cleaning, but other than that it is GREAT! Not crazy about the K&K Pickup, but the uke is great. Needs new strings :)

I'll get photos soon!

Just got back from the local Guitar Center. They couldn't ship it to me b/c I only have a PO attached to my credit card, and they don't ship to PO Boxes. So they had to ship it to my local GC.

The fretboard needs a little cleaning, but other than that it is GREAT! Not crazy about the K&K Pickup, but the uke is great. Needs new strings :)

I'll get photos soon!

They have no idea what they sold you. Same Uke as mine except for the pickup..

Awesome deal man!

Great uke!

They have no idea what they sold you. Same Uke as mine except for the pickup..

Awesome deal man!

Great uke!

That's what I thought! Also, the tuners were loose, so I had to tighten them. It probably came in that way and they thought the tuners were shot, and you know, it's just an ukulele so there is no value there haha :D

Gotta get it cleaned up and restrung and it'll be great!

What strings are you using on your Flea? I use to have a Tenor Fluke, used Ko'olau Gold's on it. I've got a set of Aquila's at home, probably try those first.

That's what I thought! Also, the tuners were loose, so I had to tighten them. It probably came in that way and they thought the tuners were shot, and you know, it's just an ukulele so there is no value there haha :D

Gotta get it cleaned up and restrung and it'll be great!

What strings are you using on your Flea? I use to have a Tenor Fluke, used Ko'olau Gold's on it. I've got a set of Aquila's at home, probably try those first.

it sings with aquillas

check my youtube vids...

Top Bottom