UKulele Underground University

bueller

Reaction score
Has anyone signed up or taken a session in UUU? I'm really thinking about signing up for this next term.
Just curious if anyone else has had any experience with the "U"

As I'm learning, this is very interesting to me!

I'm in and signed up for Uke 101 this month. I'm still trying to get my vice president at work to believe that this is "professional development"!

Where is the enrollment info for this? What is it all about?

http://school.ukuleleunderground.com/

They offer classes via video chat. you can ask them questions as they teach. They also archive the lessons so you can watch them at your convenience (only draw back is no chat...but if you email them questions they would likely answer they are kind like that)

I signed up for music theory 101 of course I couldn't wait and already watched all the archived sessions from their last session. Fantastic stuff.

I've been tossing this around for about a month now....actually hoping that after a month or so of solid playing I would be ready for 102 - but that won't happen. I'll have to take 101. I am 99% sure I am going to sign up. I'm glad you liked the archived sessions. I know the only drawback is that there is no video chat, but from what I've read they respond to emails quickly and you can submit videos of something that's difficult for you and reply back with suggestions. So that's a plus.

Is there a fee for the online classes? I couldn't find any payment pages.

$150 for 10 weeks. It's a video class every week - but if you miss it they archive it so you can have access to it. You get email support and specific chatroom access to discuss the ciriculum with people.
I was suprised at the cost at first, but then realized it's only $15 per week...not bad.
I do believe you can buy it session by session as well...(don't quote me on that)

Has anyone signed up or taken a session in UUU? I'm really thinking about signing up for this next term.
Just curious if anyone else has had any experience with the "U"

I did UUU 103 last year, and I would highly recommend it. It was structured in a way that every lesson led on from the one before, and Aldrine is a great teacher and explains things very well. With the lessons being live, there is plenty of opportunity to ask questions, and he has "office hours" during the week for any questions that you may have after the lesson. He'll also give feedback on your playing if you send him videos. I was slack and didn't send through any videos, but that option is there if you want feedback.

I learned a lot, and it was great for my motivation. I think the classes were really good value for money, and if UUU offered any further classes, I'd definitely do them.

I haven't done UUU 101 or 102, but can only imagine that they would be just as good as the one that I did.

Do you know the period of time for which you will have access to the arhived lessons?

14Twelve - Thank you for your opinion. I already felt pretty good about signing up, but it is always incredibly helpful to hear from someone who has participated.

I am from Germany, and i signed up for 102 a couple of days ago. This gives access to the archive already and it seems that the subscription is valid till 19th of August 2011 to work with the archive after the 10 week period.

I am really looking forward to this and i hopefully will be able to attend a few live lessons as it will be around midnight over here when lessons start. But it is on saturdays, so i can stay in bed a little longer the next day . I only have to convince my wife and my two kids of that ;-)

We've also signed up for Music Theory, but we'll need to view the archives for the first two weeks because of prior commitments. Anybody else taking the Music Theory class this time?

I'm taking Music Theory but I already said that. Also, luke'nlele, you have the UUU emblem, does that mean you can access the UUU forum? How does one go about getting that?

I'm taking Music Theory but I already said that. Also, luke'nlele, you have the UUU emblem, does that mean you can access the UUU forum? How does one go about getting that?

As far as we know, the emblem shows up next to the avatar of anyone who has registered to take a UUU class. The UUU class threads were shut down after the first round of classes because of lack of participation. We've already taken 102 and 103 and we never saw a list of all those taking either class.

I am taking the 101 class!

I took 101 the first time it was offered. I had a great time and really learned a lot. Aldrine is a great instructor. There were glitches initially. Email got lost and I never got a response for my final, but I would gladly take 102 if I had the time right now. I am looking forward to taking 102 when I have time in the future. You really can't beat the instruction for the price.

I'm signed up for 101 and I am really looking forward to it !

I finally got myself registered, it says until May of 2011. Does anyone know will they send us a link for signing on for the live classes? I would love to figure this out before class!

I see on my receipt my password, but where do we log on? Now that I left the page where the archives were, I can't figure out how to get back. please forgive me if this has already been asked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom