6" is just not enough

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Gonna be great Uke weather for the next several days. We started out with 6" from the other day, and now they are telling us we will get another 24"+ of snow within the next 24 hour period.

Looks like we aint going nowhere for awhile.

:spam:

It's dropping like crazy here in NY too. I have already shoveled twice. I am BEAT! Went to the gym this am too.. silly me! I imagine that tomorrow I will be stuck inside all day.. unless shoveling!!
Good news is I get to get out on my snowshoes probably on Friday! Yeah!! Enjoy your jamming!!!

Sitting out some cruddy here as well (in Nebraska). School cancelled today for my 6 year old so we spent the day watching Tom & Jerry and uke'ing. And trying to stay warm as well, of course. You do the same and take care!

Enjoy your snowed-in time. I wish Louisiana have snow like that. Heh.

What you need is a Suzuki King Quad 500 with a plow.
I actually can't wait for it to snow now.
Almost as fun as a new Ukulele!

Stan

Actually, I drive a Big @ss Dodge ram diesel 4x4 that 24"+ snow doesn't even slow down. I rarely have my driveway shoveled, because my truck drives through 2 foot snow as easy as it goes on dry pavement. THAT rates pretty high on the funometer too.. ;)

God bless Georgia.

I don't miss the snow a bit and the few times a year we do see any snow, they close the whole state! (EVen when we just get flurries!)

Actually, I drive a Big @ss Dodge ram diesel 4x4 that 24"+ snow doesn't even slow down. I rarely have my driveway shoveled, because my truck drives through 2 foot snow as easy as it goes on dry pavement. THAT rates pretty high on the funometer too.. ;)

I used to have a Durango.. sold it for a much smaller car that didn't cost so much in gas! I am weird... I shovel and shovel till the driveway is blacktop.. strange indeed but I can't help it!

It's dropping like crazy here in NY too. I have already shoveled twice. I am BEAT! Went to the gym this am too.. silly me! I imagine that tomorrow I will be stuck inside all day.. unless shoveling!!
Good news is I get to get out on my snowshoes probably on Friday! Yeah!! Enjoy your jamming!!!

Heh, heh. I work from home here in North Texas but I work for our business systems unit based in NJ. I sent my boss up there a photo of my cars today and the "great blizzard of 2011" that paralized North Texas. There is about 1/2" of snow and ice on the cars and grass and in the shade on the asphalt, the rest is melting off. It's still bitterly cold, but not much snow. They got a good laugh up there.

John

Cold here (for Portland) but no snow. Wish we'd get some.

Right now, it's 36 but feels like 19. For Houston, this is insane. We also have a slight chance of snow on Friday, but I highly doubt that'll happen. It was in the 70's just a couple of days ago.

We're getting it hard in New England. When I read the title of this thread, I wasn't sure what it was about.

We're getting it hard in New England. When I read the title of this thread, I wasn't sure what it was about.

You and me both. I'm surprised it took 12 replies for someone to say something like "that's what she said."

Snowed in here too. I imagine tomorrow will be a sleep, guitar, and uke day

You and me both. I'm surprised it took 12 replies for someone to say something like "that's what she said."

Ditto here on all counts - howling blizzard outside.

Very cold in N. Idaho. Sun was out yesterday, about 2 feet of snow on the ground. Snow forecast for tomorrow.

Cold but no snow here in my part of the UK...wonder if your blizzard will end up over here in a few days...last snow I had was just because Christmas!

Stay safe and warm all of you! Keep you Uke close by!

Shoveled for an hour and a half through waist high snow and only got as far as the driveway! Taking a break now with hot chocolate and computer before heading out again.
Grand Haven's had only 12 1/2 inches so far but it's drifting - a lot!
Next break, I'll practice Aloha Oe. That should warm me up...Enjoy our winter wonderland!

Top Bottom