Homemade gig bag

Weezy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a Mitchell Mu-70, but it didn't come with a case or bag so I decided to make my own instead of buying a plain-old black one. The outside is a really cool gold and red checked pattern, and the inside is a neat FSU fleece pattern I found (I go to school there). The uke goes in the bottom and the bag closes with a zipper I bought at my local fabric store. I added a strap so I can sling it over my shoulder, and a small pocket so I can fit a pair of strings and a winder. I'm sorry that I couldn't show any of the stitching detail, but my camera sucks and the stitching is nothing to shout about either. I purchased everything at my local fabric store for a little over $24 and used my grandmother's sewing machine to sew it together. I know I could've bought something generic for a lot cheaper, but it's always cooler to have something with a little personality!

Attachments

• Ukulele 002.jpg
    Ukulele 002.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Ukulele 004.jpg
    Ukulele 004.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Ukulele 005.jpg
    Ukulele 005.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 93
wow man, you did a very great job on it. makes me want to make one for my own self haha.

how long did it take you to make all together?

mmmm custom. hahaha

its just too bad that im such a clutz that i MUST have hard cases for all my instruments. im always banging them into something.

to give an idea of just how clumsy i am, i was taking my uke out of the case sometime last week. and i was being careful to not hit anything with the uke while i had it in my hand before i was able to put her down. so once i put her down, i picked up the case and started going through the inner pocket... still trying to be careful. but my clumsiness got the best of me and i actually dropped my hard case on my uke!

oh the irony.

the reasons I didn't opt for a hard case are A: I'm poor and B: my uke isn't nice enough. I wanted something that I could carry it around in and protect it from scratches. I don't play any shows and don't have to haul it around a lot so a case really didn't fit my needs. Next uke I get is gonna be a lot nicer so i'll definitely get a hard case. Maybe I'll try making one :D

nice work!

I ended up buying a case for my MU70, but I like what you did!

looks mint

two thumbs up!!!

SWEET!!!. I was thinking of making one also. something to do in my spare time. that really looks great.

I give two thumbs up for this one!!!!!:cool:

Howlie Boy

thats insane, everybody is tallented in some way.. So many people on this board can make stuff look nice by building it.

Top Bottom