PDA

View Full Version : Homemade gig bag

Weezy
01-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey everyone, I have a Mitchell Mu-70, but it didn't come with a case or bag so I decided to make my own instead of buying a plain-old black one. The outside is a really cool gold and red checked pattern, and the inside is a neat FSU fleece pattern I found (I go to school there). The uke goes in the bottom and the bag closes with a zipper I bought at my local fabric store. I added a strap so I can sling it over my shoulder, and a small pocket so I can fit a pair of strings and a winder. I'm sorry that I couldn't show any of the stitching detail, but my camera sucks and the stitching is nothing to shout about either. I purchased everything at my local fabric store for a little over $24 and used my grandmother's sewing machine to sew it together. I know I could've bought something generic for a lot cheaper, but it's always cooler to have something with a little personality!

Fred Miu
01-27-2008, 08:39 PM
wow man, you did a very great job on it. makes me want to make one for my own self haha.

how long did it take you to make all together?

Weezy
01-27-2008, 08:48 PM
maybe 5 hours. the hardest part was putting the lining in

NukeDOC
01-27-2008, 09:08 PM
mmmm custom. hahaha

its just too bad that im such a clutz that i MUST have hard cases for all my instruments. im always banging them into something.

to give an idea of just how clumsy i am, i was taking my uke out of the case sometime last week. and i was being careful to not hit anything with the uke while i had it in my hand before i was able to put her down. so once i put her down, i picked up the case and started going through the inner pocket... still trying to be careful. but my clumsiness got the best of me and i actually dropped my hard case on my uke!

oh the irony.

SnakeOiler
01-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Sweet, nice job.

Weezy
01-28-2008, 07:39 AM
the reasons I didn't opt for a hard case are A: I'm poor and B: my uke isn't nice enough. I wanted something that I could carry it around in and protect it from scratches. I don't play any shows and don't have to haul it around a lot so a case really didn't fit my needs. Next uke I get is gonna be a lot nicer so i'll definitely get a hard case. Maybe I'll try making one :D

hotnanas
02-18-2008, 01:40 PM
nice work!

I ended up buying a case for my MU70, but I like what you did!

<'Tony'>
02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
looks mint

Misguided Musician
02-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Great job. I need to try making me one of those. I'm thinking more of the lines of a hardcase custom.

Howlie Boy
02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
SWEET!!!. I was thinking of making one also. something to do in my spare time. that really looks great.

I give two thumbs up for this one!!!!!:cool:

Howlie Boy

UkuLeLesReggAe
02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
thats insane, everybody is tallented in some way.. So many people on this board can make stuff look nice by building it.