Good Afternoon/Evening/Night

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey everyone :D

It's past midnight here and I couldn't sleep due to other things going on in my life so I'm enjoying the quiet time to get some song stuff done as well as writing my latest essay for uni. I thought I would ask What are your Ukulele GOALS this week?

What do you hope to achieve from yesterday the 31st January to the 6th February?

I've just listed what I wanted to achieve on my blog...it's basically...

* Perfect "Who's Joey"
* Record "Who's Joey"
* Learn some of "FireFlies"
* Perfect "Time of Your Life" on Hoa
* Do better at the allusive up strum!

What are yours?

To nail All the Things You Are, and then improvise more on it.

To get my strings changed on most of the fleet, and to set up the three new ukes purchased for my classroom.

Aloha Joey,
I hope you're doing well and glad to see you back...Goals...hmmm....catch up with everything..that I haven't done...sheesh! MM Stan

I want to get smoother at the first and second Boot Camp exercises, and get smoother at strumming. And sign up for Ukulele Underground University. :)

Learn a new song
Work on some complex strumming patterns
Work on the Tetris Theme picking (one of those "long time ago" UU tutorials xD)
Restring my uke when my Martin M600 Fluorocarbons come in
Get my uke set up at the local store.

Busy week :D

What is the allusive up strum

My goals are very small. Any forward movement is a plus. Have fun. Meet at least once to play with my ukulele buddy.

Play for 20 mins or so to get the strings on the Kamaka stretched out. Then on the weekends try to figure out the tabs for Me and Shirley T.

What is the allusive up strum

My goals are very small. Any forward movement is a plus. Have fun. Meet at least once to play with my ukulele buddy.

It's the up strum, I nailed it but then went away and didn't play for a while and now I can't do it again...

I'd like to memorize one song this week that I can sing to.

The only song I have memorized so far is El Recuerdo from the John King book since I'm working on it in my uke class. But I'd like to have some songs memorized that I can sing along with on request. I've been working on the Beatles "I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends" so I think I'll try to memorize the chords on that as my first sing along song. I've also been working on "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen but its not exactly a jolly tune to get people singing, just one I love to hear.

I just want to have some improvement. I am also stretching out new strings on my luna. It is making much faster progress than buzz.. of course I play her much more!

I would also like to find some confidence in my playing and singing. I don't think I can do that in a week.. but it's my overall goal!

I just want to have some improvement. I am also stretching out new strings on my luna. It is making much faster progress than buzz.. of course I play her much more!

I would also like to find some confidence in my playing and singing. I don't think I can do that in a week.. but it's my overall goal!

I just found out there's a Ukulele workshop here in my hometown in April that I'm planning to go to with Miss D, with a concert for everyone to play in afterwards, really looking forward to that since it's not too expensive...Good luck with your overall goal, mine is to play with confidence!

Nice one Joey, I am following your blog, and thanks for mention for mine!

I am working on always being performance ready, (have several songs committed to memory)
Also related to being able to sing and play, I'm wanting to get the triple strum and the split stroke down also finger picking, etc...there is much to learn:D
I mentioned in another thread that I'm afraid to take my uke out with me cuz someone might ask me to play. I want to be able to play in public with confidence.
DAP

Top Bottom