Win a VOLCAPO Uke capo

bazmaz

Reaction score
Last edited:
Plenty of views, and some responses. I know we have a month to go, but come on people!

lol!

Thanks Dane

The review came out of the blue - they contacted me and asked me to review it and said I could keep the two capos. I think its only right that one of them is given away to the readers. Heck I could have put it on ebay as new and made £10, but that doesnt seem right.

hmmm, I added my entry THEN followed.....

I saw these capos the other day, nice wee design :)

Thanks Dane

The review came out of the blue - they contacted me and asked me to review it and said I could keep the two capos. I think its only right that one of them is given away to the readers. Heck I could have put it on ebay as new and made £10, but that doesnt seem right.

Yeah but with shipping then you really get nothing haha.

agreed.

I dont mind the shipping if it helps the blog along - the winner of my last comp had a uke leash shipped to him in USA from here (UK)

thanks for entries so far, come on folks, make me laugh! free entry!

Sorry, Paul - I'd like to enter, but the blog says something about "you must follow the blog to enter". I have no idea what you're talking about.

If it is a twitter, facebook, or similar thing, I don't use them, so I just don't understand.

But I have a joke, if you want it....

-Kurt

Hi folks - some good entries so far, so keep them coming

@ksiegel - To follow the blog, you just scroll down on the right hand side panel till you see the wall of followers and click "follow". All you need to do is register at Google to follow. It's just a registration thing.

I need to do it this way as it provides me a way of contacting the winner directly without them having to post email addresses.

20 days to go - keep your entries coming!!

Hi folks - some good entries so far, so keep them coming

@ksiegel - To follow the blog, you just scroll down on the right hand side panel till you see the wall of followers and click "follow". All you need to do is register at Google to follow. It's just a registration thing.

I need to do it this way as it provides me a way of contacting the winner directly without them having to post email addresses.

Thanks, Paul, but the only "follow" option I find is "follow me on twitter". Even the "my ukulele followers" section is blank.

So I guess I can't offically enter... BUT:

Two atoms walk into a bar -one checks his pockets, and says "I think I've lost an electron!"
The other says, "Are you sure?"
And the first replies, "Yup - I'm posititve".

-Kurt

@ksiegel - arrgggh! sorry about that dude - its difficult for me to check, but if I log out and go to my site - I get the FOLLOW option in the section where you see the small boxes with the faces of followers.

Tell you what - in the spirit of ukulele goodness - post that gag on the post, - you can do so without following - I will know where to find you if you win!

(the follow thing was just a case of being able to contact people, as many post comments anonymously, and I dont want people having to publish their emails.)

Thanks, Paul, but the only "follow" option I find is "follow me on twitter". Even the "my ukulele followers" section is blank.
Kurt, are you running FF with NoScript by any chance? Because that's what I get in FF as well. However, in IE the "My ukulele Followers" section is populated with little icons and has a "Follow" button. Apparently this feature relies on some type of scripting that is being blocked.

After getting hit with several "nasties" recently (one of which came from googling for uke tabs) I've gone to FF with NoScript as my main browser. Scripts seem to be the primary way you can get infected these days. You don't have to download anything, just going to a site can infect you if a hacker has altered the code to run a script that will automatically download a virus/trojan. Hackers also target ad servers, so you can also get hit by going to legit sites that serve up third-party ads.

Kurt, are you running FF with NoScript by any chance? Because that's what I get in FF as well. However, in IE the "My ukulele Followers" section is populated with little icons and has a "Follow" button. Apparently this feature relies on some type of scripting that is being blocked.

Why, as a matter of fact, I am running Firefox with NoScript, and for the exact reasons you mention! (Except that I hadn't been hit by any nasties yet, and NoScript has kept it from happening - so far.)

I'll try going to Paul's blog in IE, and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip!

-Kurt

....and I'm back!

Indeed, using IE8 got me into the right parts of the blog, let me follow, and post the joke.

Thanks, Itsme, and Paul!

-Kurt

Last edited:
excellent ksiegel - yep, I saw it!

keep the entries coming folks!

Top Bottom