PDA

View Full Version : Win a VOLCAPO Uke capo

bazmaz
02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Following my review of the Volcapo, I am running a free to enter competition to win the Soprano/Concert model.

Get your entries in over the next month

http://www.gotaukulele.com/2011/02/competition-win-volcapo-ukulele-capo.html

bazmaz
02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Plenty of views, and some responses. I know we have a month to go, but come on people!

lol!

fitncrafty
02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
My entry is in.. Thanks for another great contest!

bazmaz
02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
thank you!

philpot
02-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I put in my entry!

Dane
02-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't play these size ukes, but here's a bump!

I do say Paul, you are quite smart in the ways you market and promote your site. :)

bazmaz
02-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks Dane

The review came out of the blue - they contacted me and asked me to review it and said I could keep the two capos. I think its only right that one of them is given away to the readers. Heck I could have put it on ebay as new and made 10, but that doesnt seem right.

Zukester
02-03-2011, 12:56 AM
hmmm, I added my entry THEN followed.....

I saw these capos the other day, nice wee design :)

Dane
02-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Thanks Dane

The review came out of the blue - they contacted me and asked me to review it and said I could keep the two capos. I think its only right that one of them is given away to the readers. Heck I could have put it on ebay as new and made 10, but that doesnt seem right.

Yeah but with shipping then you really get nothing haha.

bazmaz
02-03-2011, 08:43 AM
agreed.

I dont mind the shipping if it helps the blog along - the winner of my last comp had a uke leash shipped to him in USA from here (UK)

bazmaz
02-06-2011, 07:26 AM
thanks for entries so far, come on folks, make me laugh! free entry!

ksiegel
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Sorry, Paul - I'd like to enter, but the blog says something about "you must follow the blog to enter". I have no idea what you're talking about.

If it is a twitter, facebook, or similar thing, I don't use them, so I just don't understand.

But I have a joke, if you want it....

-Kurt

bazmaz
02-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi folks - some good entries so far, so keep them coming

@ksiegel - To follow the blog, you just scroll down on the right hand side panel till you see the wall of followers and click "follow". All you need to do is register at Google to follow. It's just a registration thing.

I need to do it this way as it provides me a way of contacting the winner directly without them having to post email addresses.

bazmaz
02-18-2011, 11:17 AM
20 days to go - keep your entries coming!!

ksiegel
02-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Hi folks - some good entries so far, so keep them coming

@ksiegel - To follow the blog, you just scroll down on the right hand side panel till you see the wall of followers and click "follow". All you need to do is register at Google to follow. It's just a registration thing.

I need to do it this way as it provides me a way of contacting the winner directly without them having to post email addresses.

Thanks, Paul, but the only "follow" option I find is "follow me on twitter". Even the "my ukulele followers" section is blank.

So I guess I can't offically enter... BUT:

Two atoms walk into a bar -one checks his pockets, and says "I think I've lost an electron!"
The other says, "Are you sure?"
And the first replies, "Yup - I'm posititve".

-Kurt

bazmaz
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
@ksiegel - arrgggh! sorry about that dude - its difficult for me to check, but if I log out and go to my site - I get the FOLLOW option in the section where you see the small boxes with the faces of followers.

Tell you what - in the spirit of ukulele goodness - post that gag on the post, - you can do so without following - I will know where to find you if you win!

(the follow thing was just a case of being able to contact people, as many post comments anonymously, and I dont want people having to publish their emails.)

itsme
02-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Paul, but the only "follow" option I find is "follow me on twitter". Even the "my ukulele followers" section is blank.
Kurt, are you running FF with NoScript by any chance? Because that's what I get in FF as well. However, in IE the "My ukulele Followers" section is populated with little icons and has a "Follow" button. Apparently this feature relies on some type of scripting that is being blocked.

After getting hit with several "nasties" recently (one of which came from googling for uke tabs) I've gone to FF with NoScript as my main browser. Scripts seem to be the primary way you can get infected these days. You don't have to download anything, just going to a site can infect you if a hacker has altered the code to run a script that will automatically download a virus/trojan. Hackers also target ad servers, so you can also get hit by going to legit sites that serve up third-party ads.

ksiegel
02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Kurt, are you running FF with NoScript by any chance? Because that's what I get in FF as well. However, in IE the "My ukulele Followers" section is populated with little icons and has a "Follow" button. Apparently this feature relies on some type of scripting that is being blocked.

Why, as a matter of fact, I am running Firefox with NoScript, and for the exact reasons you mention! (Except that I hadn't been hit by any nasties yet, and NoScript has kept it from happening - so far.)

I'll try going to Paul's blog in IE, and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip!

-Kurt

....and I'm back!

Indeed, using IE8 got me into the right parts of the blog, let me follow, and post the joke.

Thanks, Itsme, and Paul!

-Kurt

bazmaz
02-23-2011, 07:50 AM
excellent ksiegel - yep, I saw it!

keep the entries coming folks!

bazmaz
02-26-2011, 04:14 AM
7 days to go people - some great entries so far, but its all to play for!

http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/2011/02/competition-win-volcapo-ukulele-capo.html

FlakMonkey
02-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Struggling to think of an original joke- This isn't the first time my wit has failed me... :mad:

bazmaz
02-26-2011, 11:59 PM
FlakMonkey - the sillier the better!

seoulsister
02-27-2011, 02:56 AM
It's a long shot- but how can I resist? I submitted at your blog as well.

bazmaz
02-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi folks - please dont take this the wrong way - have a had a few jokes over the last few weeks that I haven't published - not that they were sweary or explicit, but because they are in that traditional joke variety that refers to certain groups of people who are the subject of many jokes - nothing highly offensive, but stereotypical, and potentially offensive to some people.

I havent published those, and I may now be derided and told to "get over myself" but I trust you understand - if you want to resubmit another joke, happy to accept them!

ksiegel
02-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi, Paul.

I hope that my "Jewish Mother" lightbulb joke wasn't one of them...

It just reminded me too much of my grandmother, because that is exactly what she did, many times, rather than call someone when something didn't work, or was broken. "Feh, you were busy, I didn't want to trouble you. But since you're here, the furnace isn't working."

"Grandma, it's 10 degrees out! You'll get hypothermia! You should have called!"
"So I'll wear another sweater. You've got so much to do, I didn't want to make a big deal."
"Grandma, let me get my tools. I'llhave the furnace running in 10 minutes."
"You should eat something first. You're always running around, doing for people, Mr. Fireman. Stop and have some soup first."

Now that I think about it, it isn't a joke. It was my Grandmother....

(And probably a lot of other people's grandmothers, too...)

-Kurt

And yes, I am Jewish.

My other grandmother, would have called someone to fix it, if she couldn't do it herself.

(She was Irish.)

bazmaz
03-04-2011, 07:07 AM
ksiegel - sorry, it was - enter again without it and I will approve it.

I am not trying to have any moral highground here - Its just that when the comp started, I published an entry that was an Englishman Irishman Scotsman joke - I then got bombarded (literally dozens) of complaints, so took it down. Are there really people out there trawling the net looking for something to complain about?

Anyway, didnt have the stomach for something similar happening - sorry - trust you understand. I didnt find it offensive, but I just need to tread VERY carefully!

Anyway - competition closes tomorrow - so get your final entries in!

bazmaz
03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
We Have a winner!

http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/2011/03/volcapo-uke-competition-result.html

Fitncrafty - get in touch through blog or PM me on here and we can arrange postage!

Well done!!

JT_Ukes
03-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Good choice!

bazmaz
03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Hey JT - I do hope the strap you won arrived?

fitncrafty
03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
We Have a winner!

http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/2011/03/volcapo-uke-competition-result.html

Fitncrafty - get in touch through blog or PM me on here and we can arrange postage!

Well done!!

Hey thanks.. I am just checking UU now.. I will send you a PM! How exciting!!

fitncrafty
04-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Many Thanks again.. MY volcapo arrived today!! now to play around with it and learn how and when to use it! Love a new challenge!!