Danelectro Honeytone Mini amp

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/-HoneyTone-Amp?sku=481850&src=3SOSWXXA

They seem to sound okay from YouTube vid's. I'm probably going to buy an Eleuke from MGM today, but only if I can get a good little amp for the home. This amp is not going to be for gigs or anything. Maybe just me and a friend, if I want to play for my church or something they have a P.A. system with hookups.

I like these small amps but most rattle and buzz pretty easily in a short time. They use plastic rivets to hold the speakers into a plastic ring and the rivets eventually shake loose at high volume. Or crack.

You might consider a little bigger, better-made amp like a Roland Micro Cube. Still battery powered, but more power and less likely to shake apart.

I like these small amps but most rattle and buzz pretty easily in a short time. They use plastic rivets to hold the speakers into a plastic ring and the rivets eventually shake loose at high volume. Or crack.

You might consider a little bigger, better-made amp like a Roland Micro Cube. Still battery powered, but more power and less likely to shake apart.

I only want this Honeytone for a temporary amp. I am, probably within the next month of getting the Honeytone upgrading to this, http://www.insound.com/Orange_Orange_Micro_Crush_Mini_Amp_Mini+Amp/productmain/p/INS44024/

ukulele324.jpg

35858Ukulele110.jpg

My Crate Taxi TX15 is my favorite battery powered P.A./Instrument amp. I've used it to successfully play to a crowd of 70. I recently used it as a powered monitor at high volume, on battery power, for about 6 hours. It never quit, or cut out. It does cost about 6 times as much as the Danelectro Honeytone, though. Both make good amps for busking.

My Applause UAE20 soprano bag has a chromatic tuner, pitch pipe, felt pics, 2 neckstraps, felt picks, extra Aquila strings, 2 "shaker eggs", 2 Rythym Rings" and a 15 foot guitar amp cord. The Applause bag is usually carried in a small roller luggage bag that has a kanikapila songbook, tabletop folding book stand, rechargeable LED booklight and AC adaptor, battery powered electric fan and spare batteries, Danelectro Honeytone guitar amp with two rechargeable batteries and AC adaptor and a sheet music clip that attaches to the uke.

I use my Danelectro Honeytone on the Pacific Beach often (both guitar and uke). I use rechargeable NiMH batteries (I have 2 of these batteries), because they last for about an hour each and provide steady current until failure. Master Volume cranked ALL the way up (this maximizes headroom and decreases compression), tone in the middle and use the O.Drive to adjust the level - somewhere from 0 to about 10% clockwise. It gives my Applause UAE20 enough projection to match my voice. If I want to amplify my voice and/or perform on stage, then I'll use a larger amp. It also clips onto your belt, for better mobility. I did buy the Danelectro AC adaptor, which works well. Ric

ukulele324.jpg

35858Ukulele110.jpg

My Crate Taxi TX15 is my favorite battery powered P.A./Instrument amp. I've used it to successfully play to a crowd of 70. I recently used it as a powered monitor at high volume, on battery power, for about 6 hours. It never quit, or cut out. It does cost about 6 times as much as the Danelectro Honeytone, though. Both make good amps for busking.

My Applause UAE20 soprano bag has a chromatic tuner, pitch pipe, felt pics, 2 neckstraps, felt picks, extra Aquila strings, 2 "shaker eggs", 2 Rythym Rings" and a 15 foot guitar amp cord. The Applause bag is usually carried in a small roller luggage bag that has a kanikapila songbook, tabletop folding book stand, rechargeable LED booklight and AC adaptor, battery powered electric fan and spare batteries, Danelectro Honeytone guitar amp with two rechargeable batteries and AC adaptor and a sheet music clip that attaches to the uke.

I use my Danelectro Honeytone on the Pacific Beach often (both guitar and uke). I use rechargeable NiMH batteries (I have 2 of these batteries), because they last for about an hour each and provide steady current until failure. Master Volume cranked ALL the way up (this maximizes headroom and decreases compression), tone in the middle and use the O.Drive to adjust the level - somewhere from 0 to about 10% clockwise. It gives my Applause UAE20 enough projection to match my voice. If I want to amplify my voice and/or perform on stage, then I'll use a larger amp. It also clips onto your belt, for better mobility. I did buy the Danelectro AC adaptor, which works well. Ric

Thanks for the input! I'm also going to buy the AC Adapter, if I get the HT.

For the price of that Orange Mini Amp, get an amp you can actually perform with. I've actually tried this combo and it is a lot for the money:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultracoustic-AT108-Acoustic-Combo-Amp?sku=480781

444488.jpg

Powerful 20W, 8" dual-cone speaker for wide frequency response
Microphone input with separate volume control
VTC Virtual Tube Circuitry for tube-like sound
Ultramusical 3-band EQ for ultimate sound shaping
CD input allows you to play along to your favorite music
Separate headphone output for quiet practice
Rugged construction ensures long life
14-1/4"W x 13-1/4"H x 6-1/2"D
12 lbs.

and a mike, stand and cable to use with that:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-SP1-Microphone-and-Stand-Package?sku=277031

245546.jpg

Microphone and stand package includes a Nady SP1 mic with mic clip, 20' mic cable, and a tripod fixed-boom mic stand.

The SP1 dynamic mic has a convenient recessed on-off switch and broad frequency response that makes it useful for back up vocals, speaking, miking guitar cabs, and even drums.

For twenty bucks, though, does it matter if it doesn't hold up forever?

I have one, it was cheap, does the job, sounds nice.

I fully anticipate getting a bigger/better unit, like a microcube, in the future, but this thing'll definitely do ya for a couple months...

Also, it has a belt clip. And that's just cool.

For twenty bucks, though, does it matter if it doesn't hold up forever?

I've had mine for over two years of frequent use and it still works fine. It's a long time out of warranty. If it starts rattling, I'll open it up and apply glue in the proper places. You've got it right, Tad. It's a $20 buck amp. It can't be beat, for cruizin' the beach. Ric

I've got a Microcube and the Honeytone. For the money I've got no complaints about the Honeytone though I don't use it much. I wouldn't use it as a main amp. I would have liked to get a Pignose but here in Finland it costs more than the Microcube, which is just insane.

I'll eventually get to the music store and audition some amps, but my favorite setup is plugging into a little Line6 Pocket Pod and playing through headphones. The one caveat is that you do need decent headphones. No crappy ibuds or will do. Something that's at least an AKG 240s or better. Earbuds that do work well with it are Yuin pk-1's.

I'm probably going to buy an Eleuke from MGM today, but only if I can get a good little amp for the home.

Has the price gone up on these things? I've read previous posts where people were buying them for way less than what MGM has them at now.

Has the price gone up on these things? I've read previous posts where people were buying them for way less than what MGM has them at now.

For some reason, almost everyone has stopped carrying them and Mike's price has gone up.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the relative value of the dollar and the yen.

Bummer. I really want a TI200-SOHP, but the price seems over the top at the moment.

Well, I doubt the dollar is going down any time soon. I got the same one recently, and even at the higher price, it feels (to me) worth every penny.

Top Bottom