First day with Ukulele

joelele

Reaction score
I love it. Having so much fun.

The string dont have much tone to them so I will be purchasing new strings, theyre staying in tune which is great for a start and the Ukulele is lovely.

I have even recorded a video for you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4cexmTnyqU

Ive been practicing the galaxy song aaaallll day but it needs a lot of work so you'll have to make do with this video above for now.

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated!

Best wishes,

Joel.

>>>Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated!<<<<

Play it and enjoy it again tomorrow and the next day.

Hi Joel
Welcome to UU. Nice video! Good going for your first day. There are many people who are on this forum who haven't attempted a video, and here you are, just having fun! That is what it is all about. Me, I have a terrible time doing videos, or even just getting the song performed without big mistakes. I need more practice.

–Lori

Congrats on the new ukulele! Keep it up.

Aloha Joel,
Your first video...that's pretty good for the first time...thanks for sharing....Happy strummings buddy!! MM Stan.

I love it!

Well done on the video on your first day not many people have done that. Hope your enjoying your uke.

Thanks. Glad you guys like it.

I have a terrible time with cameras too but I often practice songs in font of a camera on my guitar. That way I can see patterns which need to change and see where my voice needs to change. Same translates on the Ukulele for sure. I have a bad voice for singing but I only sing comedy songs, for fun, so I don't care too much.

I recorded that video for you guys as I've been practicing the galaxy song but it's not ready for anybodies ears. One day I'll post it. The FUN song on my video is only for laughs... N is for anyone! It made me giggle the first time I heard it.

I find Ukulele Chords are very easy too remember. I'm not much of a picker either, just rhythm really. I will explore picking at some point.

Great job! I wouldn't where to start with a video and probably would have the nerve to put it up anyway.

Uke is such a fun instrument to play. Can't help smiling when I pick my uke up!

Top Bottom