First ukulele and first song.

ItsMrPitchy

Reaction score
I was curious what other ukulele players first uke was and their first song on the ukulele.

My first ukulele was a Stagg us10 soprano and the first song i learnt was '5 years time' by Noah and the whale.

My first and only uke is the Ohana SK-10S soprano; first song: "Blowin' In The Wind", Bob Dylan.

A Kala lacewood/spruce tenor to 'play' Radiohead's "Creep". Still a favorite...

Koaloha pikake soprano and an easy strum version of White Sandy Beach. It turned out to be good for my fingers to get used to hitting bar chords and that Bb chord shape. Really tough at the time though.

First uke: Mahalo sparkly blue soprano
First song: I think it was Go Tell it on the Mountain...

Aloha ItsMrPitchy,
My second time playing again after many decades an my first uke was a Rogue soprano....that was over 3 and half years ago.. and still is my favorite daily player...today..it is by my bed or computer...
actually I have 3 of them.....As for my first songs were ....Surf, Jamaica Farewell, and Love me tender... Happy Strummimgs, MM Stan

First ukulele: Kala solid mahogany concert
First song: Probably Dylan's "Blowin' In The Wind"
First song involving more than three chords: McFly's "All About You"

Reno laminate uke, And Creep Amanda Palmer version..

Kamaka Tenor......learned Margaritaville (while drinking some margaritas!!!)

base model Mahalo (not even worth money as firewood) - Ring Of Fire / Johnny Cash!

Resurrecting an old thread like it's my job. :D

Lanikai-LU21 soprano (from Amazon, lol), Hidden in the Sand by Tally Hall. It's nothing but barred chords; what a great choice for first song, eh? ;) Hmmm...well, I play B major barred; it's easier for me.

I'm still on my first Uke it's a Fender tenor Nohea low g and my first song was Amazing Grace.

Top Bottom